• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46

mlctvt

RIP Mr Hoffman.

Sucks! He was one of my favorite actors. I'd watch a movie just because he was in it. He took some incredible roles,and some really quirky ones too.

legalskier

He was a immense talent, on both stage and screen. I was fortunate to see him as Willie Loman- I've never seen an audience sit in stunned silence after the curtain went down. Last year I saw him introduce a play he directed called "A Family For All Occasions" for his Labyrinth Theater Company at the Bank Street Theater, which seats about 90 people so he was only a few feet away, looking his usual frumpy self, explaining the work we were about to see. He seemed like a regular guy who you'd like to have a beer with.

Then this morning I woke to see social media weighing in with typically callous comments. What the public doesn't realize is that heroin has become the new suburban scourge. So much so that the governor of Vermont devoted his entire State of the State address to heroin addiction, 22 heroin deaths have been reported in western Pa. in the past few weeks, 68 overdosed in the Hudson Valley recently, and places like South Florida and south Jersey are suffering an outright epidemic, along with many others. "I'm in my tenth year and this is the worst I've ever seen it."-Prosecutor Robert Taylor. It's no longer an inner city problem, it's everywhere.
www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/The-silent-epidemic-that-killed-Philip-Seymour-Hoffman.html

And it's sad that we have to lose a great actor like Philip Seymour Hoffman to finally start acknowledging it.

ScottySkis

sad i do not like to comment about Hollywood people because if they were famous we would not know this person in reality. Depersion is horrible illeness and almost all people who do addictions ti drugs probably have depersion thank goodness that i found MJ or i surre i be dead from myself because happiness is very hard to come by naturaly some of us nit a choice just like mentall illness is not a chosen choice.