• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill

MarkC

I am very impressed with the recent snowmaking effort. From the webcam and pic of the day today it looks as if there is decent coverage on the face. In previous years this would have taken the good portion of a week under prime conditions. They have laid down this cover in 2 ½ days. The new pump really does its job! It looks like it may be the place to be in the Catskills this weekend to avoid the crowds. I am headed up tomorrow night and will try and post pictures on Friday when it is groomed out.

Disclaimer: I hold a low level job at Plattekill, however my opinion as unbiased as possible.

Last edited:

catskills

H'mm this is very interesting. I will definitely have to keep an eye on this new Plattekill pump situation. Its seems very early for Plattekill to have that kind of snow cover. . With all the improvements to the Catskill resorts, it is so hard to choose where to ski these days.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Guys, shush. :snow:

quiet.jpg