• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
I mean, I love Platty, but if natural is lacking, Belleayre has way more snow-making firepower. I also enjoy the terrain at Belleayre from time to time to the point where if I was skiing the cats, I wouldn't want to ski only and always at Platty. So I stand by my original "often" (but not always) statement.

I rarely ski the cats anymore though, so all a bit moot to me at this point.
I get it believe me, and was kind of teasing. I ski other places too. Still I can't ever remember going to Plattekill and regretting it. But full disclosure, I can't really remember any ski days I regret.

Last edited:

raisingarizona

I get it believe me, and was kind of teasing. I ski other places too. Still I can't ever remember going to Plattekill and regretting it. But full disclosure, I can't really remember any ski days I regret.
You're a class act Harvey. I got nothing but respect for you brother.

Scottyskis2

White powder day today from what I see from Facebook glad everyone is finally getting snow now

Scottyskis2

Platty talking about powder day opening this week
Glad it finally happened for Catskill
"This could be big. We are anticipating a Plattekill #powderdaize for Wednesday and will keep the website posted. Tickets will be available online and limited in qty when it's official. This quote below from the National Weather Service and the Albany Times Union: The National Weather Service of Albany is forecasting between 12 to 15 inches of snow to cover the Albany area beginning Monday afternoon through Wednesday morning, with 2 feet possible in higher terrain areas including the Catskills, Berkshires and Taconic Mountains.""

Scottyskis2

Platty officials open tomorrow for powder day
2 feet of fresh powder day tomorrow

Last edited:

Scottyskis2

You know it's deep if mountain operations is using a snowcat to plow parking lots. As of the end of their shift they are reporting 30" of snowfall. Thinking we hit the jackpot. This storm happened on the same day in 2017 with the same amount of snow. The slopes are untouched as roads were impassable today. #powderdaize tomorrow is on. Buy your tickets online at shop.plattekill.com as tickets will be limited. #plattekill #plattekillmountain #powday #powderday

Scottyskis2

3 feet of snow in the pictures

Last edited:

Scottyskis2

Join us this Saturday for St. Platty's Day!!! There will be a Shamrock Hunt, Corned Beef & Cabbage served at the Skier's Bistro, "Tastings on the Mountain" from Upward Brewing Co. from 12:30pm-3:30pm, Live Music from McGroovin' from 3pm-6pm, and Drinks Specials at the Blockbuster Bar!

#myplatty #stplattysday #StPattysday2023 #food #friends #family #fun #music @upwardbrewingco Plattekill Mountain Blockbuster Bar @plattekill_wedding @plattekill_blockbuster_bar

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
3 feet of snow in the pictures
Quite a day indeed!!

Attachments

• 1088F0A6-8F2C-43F1-84AA-12BCC8B6457A.jpeg
    1088F0A6-8F2C-43F1-84AA-12BCC8B6457A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • F513B1CA-094F-4733-9D8F-3290702CEF36.jpeg
    F513B1CA-094F-4733-9D8F-3290702CEF36.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • C451A48B-7EE6-4CDB-A9E5-1CEA114BBB98.jpeg
    C451A48B-7EE6-4CDB-A9E5-1CEA114BBB98.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 15

Scottyskis2

Join us this Saturday for St. Platty's Day!!! There will be a Shamrock Hunt, Corned Beef & Cabbage served at the Skier's Bistro, "Tastings on the Mountain" from Upward Brewing Co. from 12:30pm-3:30pm, Live Music from McGroovin' from 3pm-6pm, and Drinks Specials at the Blockbuster Bar!

#myplatty #stplattysday #StPattysday2023 #food #friends #family #fun #music @upwardbrewingco Plattekill Mountain Blockbuster Bar @plattekill_wedding @plattekill_blockbuster_bar

Last edited:

Scottyskis2

Platy has their st patty party this afternoon I wish I went when I ski there
"Join us Today for St. Platty's Day!!! There will be a Shamrock Hunt, Corned Beef & Cabbage served at the Skier's Bistro, "Tastings on the Mountain" from Upward Brewing Co. from 12:30pm-3:30pm, Live Music from McGroovin' from 3pm-6pm, and Drinks Specials at the Blockbuster Bar!

#myplatty #stplattysday #StPattysday2023 #food #friends #family #fun #music @upward.brewing Plattekill Mountain Blockbuster Bar @plattekill_blockbuster_bar @plattekill_wedding"

Scottyskis2

Talk about van park in platy lot:
""
This guy said the skiing was so good today… he’s staying the night. Nice.
#keepingitreal #myplatty #plattekill #vancamping #skierslife"

Last edited:

Scottyskis2

50% OFF LIFT TICKETS FOR SEASON PASS HOLDERS FROM ANY MOUNTAIN THIS WEEKEND, MARCH 25 & 26 ONLY!

Just bring your 22/23 season pass and photo id with you to the office and we will give you 50% off your lift ticket for the day, limit 1 discount per pass holder.

#myplatty #plattekill #seasonpass #welcome #visit Plattekill Mountain Blockbuster Bar Plattekill Mountain Weddings & Events

Scottyskis2

Not sure where to host your special event, look no further! Plattekill Mountain Weddings & Events will help you every step of the way while also providing you with a one of a kid location your guests will never forget! Contact us today @ 607-326-3500 or email us at Info@Plattekill.com.

You can also visit us at Plattekill.com/Private-Events !

#myplatty #events #family #friends #fun #mountain #plattekill @plattekill_wedding @plattekill_blockbuster_bar Plattekill Mountain Plattekill Mountain Blockbuster Bar

Scottyskis2

Ski & Board for free this weekend when you purchase your 23/24 Season Pass to Plattekill Mountain!

Visit Shop.Plattekill.com/SeasonPasses to purchase today!

#myplatty #plattekill #ski #board #snow #fun

Scottyskis2

Join us this weekend for skiing, boarding, food at the Cafe and beverages at the Blockbuster Bar! We look forward to seeing you here!

#myplatty #plattekill #food #Fun #ski #board

Last edited:

Scottyskis2

Just a reminder... discounted prices for tickets ends at midnight Friday. Get them quick and save!