• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

post-nemo Boston suburb powder skiing!!!

fiddletildeath

I headed out of Boston for some conservation land behind my parents' house. Conditions were the best I've ever seen back there, I didn't hit a single rock! Generally I do a lot of damage even if it's snowed 2 feet. Thank you Nemo!!!

skiking4

Nice!! I remember here in Westchester, NY, we got like 2-3 ft of dense snow on the ground from 2 separate storms and I hit a bunch of lines in the hills near my house. Backyard skiing's a blast! The hike up is tough though.......

fiddletildeath

I'm skiing with one pole because I got tendinitis in my right wrist and I'm a musician. I'm trying to be careful! It first happened after skinning up some bigger lines and using my poles a lot. I'm trying not to let it end my season or career! One pole doesn't seem all that bad actually and I can tell you for sure it's a lot better than zero poles.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I just watched the video in its entirety. Very cool! Are you skiing on Line Sir Francis Bacon? I had the chance to run those this past weekend at Sugarloaf myself. Very, very impressed with that ski.

KD7000

That was a nice video and the music was excellent. Whereabouts in Lexington was that? I grew up in that town. I used to snowboard down a hill in my backyard, then wander into the woods. Somewhere off Allen st.- there was a bunch of conservation areas back there.

And this was way before I was even aware of the concept of 'back country."