• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged 03/28/08 - woods are open, 6" fresh

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Ragged Mountain, 3/28/08

Conditions: 6" fresh though it got a bit heavy with rising temps, woods open!

I took my son up for the afternoon. The roads in the morning around here were awful. I saw a tow truck winching out another tow truck at one point during the morning. Anyhow, we were psyched to find 6" of fresh snow and basically an empty ski area. Great afternoon but wish it had been less foggy/cloudy. The snow got a bit heavy but even found untracked stuff at 4 pm which was sweeeeeeet!

Should be good for the weekend!

New Canada Road looks like mid-winter. This is a shot leaving. It was unplowed coming in.

DSC00363.jpg

A pic of the snow on our last run (lifts closed-this is what you get Saturday morning)

DSC00362.jpg

I suspect that this may be the last time this season I'll see my skis in this much fluff unless I go way north.

DSC00355.jpg

Visibility was an issue.

DSC00354.jpg

It's big but is it underwire?

DSC00350.jpg

Skier75

Nice! I hope Sunday will be good at Loon. Meeting up with my daughter there tomorrow. Can you believe her statement to me this week was, take it easy on my will ya? Last time we went, she said she was pretty beat. Well seeing as she has she had only one trip this season. This was coming from a 25 year old to a 51 year old. LOL Thought that was pretty funny. Shouldn't that statement be the other way 'round?

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com