• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rangeley Double status (Saddleback)

Edd

It's listed as closed on Saddleback's site and the others are open. Just curious if anyone knows why.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

xwhaler

Apparently a grip failed when they were doing routine testing the other day......they decided to test all grips now. Down for 7-8 days they say. Will put some real pressure on the T over the wknds

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

Wow. I've skied there with the double down before. It's doable, but not desirable. Can you tell me where you heard this?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

xwhaler

I'm on their email list. They sent the news on Wednesday. If u get there early and just lap the upper quad u should be ok

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
They spent yesterday removing the chairs from the Rangeley and they are checking all the grips. The snow is great. If I weere going to be there for the weekend, I see the biggest bottleneck to be the T-Bar. Most of the best skiing is accessible from the Kennebago Quad. Just don't overshoot "The Pass".

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
I skied there last year with the Rangeley down on a Sunday and it definitively sucks. Kennebago was rather dead though that day. It could be because it was a windhold for Rangeley though and the steeps were pretty retched with windchill.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Saddleback skied well Fri, Feb. 7. The new snow settled and the ungroomed areas had nice powder bumps where yesterday there was "chop". Getting from the base area to the Kennebago was a problem for some of the lower ability snowboarders, but otherwise, the missing Rangely Chair was no big deal.