• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Report from the Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beswift

Here in Falmouth on Cape Cod, there's an incredible amount of snow out there, and they are predicting another foot or more today. The two sliding glass doors opening to my Barbeque deck are covered with windblown snow. In fact all my windows are covered with it. There has to be two feet already. It's hard to measure depths with the drifting. Since they also are predicting high winds Monday, I suspect that the drifts will reach 6 ft. in spots. I'm quite happy I bought a new pair of snowshoes last weekend because I'll need them to get out of here this week!!! :eek: So far there hasn't been a power or communications outage which is surprising as they are quite common here. The last storm created huge delays and outages. I've got plenty of food and quite a bit of fat on me, so I should make out o.k. I'm set up in front of the fireplace with my laptop and plenty of coffee. I dropped the computer yesterday, but it survived the shock. What more could one ask for?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i am VERY upset right now! i just went outside to shovel out my car and gave up before i began. the first thing i saw from my door was a four foot high (yes, four feet! came up to my chest) drift of snow. my car has snow surrounding it half way up the windows. the windows! even in the street where plows have been going by regularly there was 3" freshly blown and/or deposited. even if i got my car dug out, the roads and wind just aren't worth the risk in a light weight 2WD car. biggest powder day of the year and i'm stuck at home. maybe i'll be able to hit crotched or nashoba or something later today/tonight once this thing blows out. for now, i'm going back to bed! this is just aweful, what a twisted winter this has been.

B

beswift

My car is garaged, but I realized yesterday that it won't be leaving the garage for a while. The only way out of here will be with the snowshoes. In '78 I was a Cab Driver in Boston. I couldn't work for three days. They were x-c skiing down Boylston Street the whole day after the storm. Get with the Program!!! :wink:

Terry

report from blizzard

Only got about 6 inches here so far and snowing hard- I am headed to the mountain in about an hour and plan on making first tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

B

beswift

The weather channel was showing a Stowe report with no new snow.

skican

I am huffing and puffin and the hubby wants to know why. Well, I can see the Loaf and the darn sun just came out. We got nothing! Darn Flatlanders getting our snow each and every storm!!!!!!!!! I should have moved to the cape for cross country skiing. Why why why!

I would liked to go over to the Loaf tomorrow. They are calling for winds and bitter cold all week. Whaaaaaa!

It will be all I can do today not to start drinking wine too early.

hammer

riverc0il said:
maybe i'll be able to hit crotched or nashoba or something later today/tonight once this thing blows out.
I live about 15 - 20 minutes from Nashoba and about an hour from Crotched... it would really be tempting to go out with my son later today if I wouldn't get in so much trouble from my wife. :wink:

Given that the last blizzard was BS (before skiing) for me, I was wondering about how this dump will affect local conditions over the next several weeks. Will there be plenty of powder to be had for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.