• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ride Labrador Mountain

Mpdsnowman

Labrador Mountain is located in Truxton NY (between Cortland and Syracuse). Its not a big mountain by any means (700 vert) but we get true pure lake effect snow coupled with standard systems which for this year has been awesome! When people come here to ski/ride they usually leave with the same word....fun....

With as much snow as we have had believe it or not the whole mountain isnt even open yet. The southern peak which boasts the best glades in the area has been closed except for us long time poachers. Even with this warmup there is a great base and i am certain once the weather comes back in a week conditions will be back to what it has been.

The mountain has everything. Groomers, glades, steeps, greens and a huge terrain park. Great lift equipment too! everything is in top shape

Here are two short vids on what the snow has been like. If anyone is in the area and wants a real deal tour I am usually there every day and I have an event posted in my facebook with info. I shoot a lot of vids for the mountain.

But so far and compared to last year lol...its been epic!

Mpdsnowman

Well with all this warmup we lost about 1/3 . All the trails they made snow on are fine, ones that are not still have snow but I wouldnt waste my time there. they did start up snowmaking and its a good thing because they have a lot of events coming up this weekend...

Im going to head down now and take some turns.

Mpdsnowman

Well that was easy 11/2 days and were back in the saddle...Gotta love lake effect!
Lol..The only thing back is the snow...Everyone else left the place to me lol. But they do have some really cool events coming up..

Mpdsnowman

If anyone is in the area and wants to take advantage of night riding/skiing..the place is 85% open until 10pm...And the snow has been awesome!

Mpdsnowman

Well after two years they finally opened the Southern Peak. This section is the advanced peak with steeps, moguls and hardcore glades. Its got a great double chair thats pretty quick and the majority of time there is no line. Its the black diamond section if you will...There are several trails off it along with secret powder stashes and once you enter the glades you can pretty much end up a mile down the road if you keep goin lol...

I actually was the first one there, even beat the groomer. This quick vid kinda shows the outer glade entrance....Now im just waiting for a storm. We need more snow....then we will be at prime and the place 100% open..

Mpdsnowman

Well I am sure most people have gone to the slopes today. I would like to think the whole Northeast is crankin today. But I went to Lab yesterday afternoon and had the place to myself throughout the whole storm...

Lol by the time the weekend warriors got to the groomed trails today. I stole all the powder yesterday afternoon and up till 10:30pm

Great conditions obviously and I am certain it is the same for our whole region.

So head out on the highway people(if you already havnt). This weekend is yours!