• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ruroc helmets

C-Rex

I think this has been brought up before, but what's the consensus? At first I thought they were kinda stupid but the more I see them the more I'm intrigued. Especially lately with the extreme cold and the issues I've been having keeping my goggles from fogging while wearing a mask. IMO, they don't look bad. I'd even say I like the look of some of the color combos. Then again, I've always been a function over form kind of guy. If it kept me warm, and my goggles clear I wouldn't really care what people think.

The biggest hurdles for me have been that no local shop seems to stock them, and they are pretty expensive. I wouldn't want to order one all the way from England without knowing how it fit.

http://us.ruroc.com/

gmcunni

my son has one, says it does not do anything good in the way of keeping his face warm.. he ends up putting a neck warmer underneath. the condensation accumulates and he gets icicles hanging down the from the front part of the mask.

he's never mentioned fogging.

Edd

If my goggles stay clear count me in. If it can generally keep the wind from directly hitting the skin that's all I need.

dlague

Personally the price is too high and fogging and cold have not been an issue for me.

Puck it

torquex_hel_n_realtree-aphd-snow-matte_15406-033-350.png
Much cheaper and same effect at $120. http://www.upnorthsports.com/snowmo...AxKiBTnHIK-kanlecuQSlHnp9ZmT6W3DiEaAqHn8P8HAQ

Hawkshot99

But its not. My motorcycle helmet starts to fog and freeze up when the temps get down low. For snowmobiling I wear a dirt bike style helmet with goggles. The eyes stay sealed from my breath and do jot fog. Most sled helmets either have a heated visor, goggles, or look like a fighter pilot mask to remove breath.
The helmet you posted is a standard street bike helmet, just shaped fifferently.

moresnow

Not my preference. I'll hold out until the bitter end on pulling up a mask. When I do, I'm usually screwed on visibility. I'm kind of down for anything that works on those days.

Man up. Grow a beard.

Problem solved.

rocks860

My beard was just a block of ice last weekend which made it even worse since the it was just ice up against my skin the entire day

BenedictGomez

I don't understand all the comments people have about goggles fogging. My goggles never fog and I have $25 cheapies. I'm guessing folks who have this problem have an incorrect goggle fit and don't know it?

rocks860

Or they cover up their nose and mouth completely and are breathing directly into their goggles. I occasionally get some fog but it goes away really quick. Love these Oakley canopys my girlfriend got me for christmas

gmcunni

Or they cover up their nose and mouth completely and are breathing directly into their goggles. I occasionally get some fog but it goes away really quick. Love these Oakley canopys my girlfriend got me for christmas

my smith IOX only fog when i pull my face mask way up on the coldest days.

bigbog

Looks like the jawbone is really covered. Think my only question would be the venting from below.. Was really never into the Star Wars look...but that's a personal issue...lol.

Last edited: