• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback - 12/20/2012

salsgang

Date(s) Skied: December 20, 2012
Resort or Ski Area: Saddleback Maine
Conditions: Powder! Packed Powder!
Trip Report:

We need more Maine skiers on this board. Saddleback and Sugarloaf are slammed with snow. No reports yet?

20121220sback1.jpg

Anyway - awesome day at Saddleback. Was able to finagle a day off and got up to ski with the family. Had everything open off the Rangeley. For those willing to hike the Northwest Pass - the upper Nightmare and Governor skied extremely well. Still a bit early season in that some of the natural un-groomed trails had some twigs etc but it certainly did not diminish the experience. The glades skied GREAT - by far the earliest we ever got in the woods.

More pics and a video report on my blog.http://maineskifamily.blogspot.com/2012/12/ski-trip-report-saddleback-maine.html

salsgang

One other pic I didn't put on my blog. This is my last run down Upper Professor. I was still amazed at this point in the day how much snow there was on the trails. It was BURIED.

20121220sback3.jpg

Edd

One other pic I didn't put on my blog. This is my last run down Upper Professor. I was still amazed at this point in the day how much snow there was on the trails. It was BURIED.

20121220sback3.jpg

Hoo that looks fantastic! I'm not waiting long to head up there.

bdfreetuna

Am I too old to be adopted?

Looks AWESOME and like a lot of fun in the glades. Saddleback is high on my must-ski list.

salsgang

This is actually a little gully you ski down then up to The Pass cross cut trail. So my son was on top of the trail, and I was skiing down the gully soon to ski up to where he was.