• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Signs of the Season

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Woke up this morning, headed outside, and whew it was just a bit chilly! Mid 50's maybe. First 50's day I can remember in a few months ..... air felt really nice and crisp.

Although it is supposed to be 90 on Friday. Still; it's getting closer!

kickstand

We turned our AC off last night, mostly because it seems to be broken, but was pleasantly surprised to wake up to a very chilly house, courtesy of many windows left open last night. Also seeing lots of leaves on the ground already. A bunch of trees around my neighborhood are starting to turn, too.

Riverskier

40's at my house this morning, a few leaves changing in the yard, kids back in school next week, fall seasonal beers are out, my local apple orchard opened for the season last weekend, the NFL season starts in a week, losing daylight quickly.....

If the past 5 years are any indication I will be skiing in less than 2 months!

RustyGroomer

578888_4605688863904_1447173451_n.jpg

1st fire the other night in the Elm stove. Just some scraps from the yard but couldn't help myself. :grin:

hammer

We've had a few cooler mornings but with the change in the sun angle it seems to be staying cooler longer. No complaints here.

AllThingsAlpine

Website
www.allthingsalpine.com
What are the first signs of winter?! The subtle ones as opposed to the more obvious ones like leaves falling and days getting shorter...

For me, where I used to live, it was the temperature of the breeze. You could feel it begin to drop, and the smell was lighter if that makes any sense.

Tooth

Oktoberfest and Pumpkin flavored beers have hit the package stores! :beer:

I saw this two weeks ago up here in Maine. It always makes me very happy to see the seasonal beers change over. We drop our son off at CVA this coming Monday and from that point on it is pretty much game on for us.

Skimaine

I saw this two weeks ago up here in Maine. It always makes me very happy to see the seasonal beers change over. We drop our son off at CVA this coming Monday and from that point on it is pretty much game on for us.

Indeed. Enjoyed a tasty pumpkin head today.

UVSHTSTRM

I think this was the 4th or 5th day with a morning in the 40's here in western NH, this morning being the coolest at 45 degrees. Some of the leaves have begun to change and yes the beer selection is changing.

Cannonball

Woke up the past 3 days to 28 degrees and light snow.

...but then again I'm floating around with the arctic pack ice in the Chukchi Sea (first AZ post from this location, Nick??). It's making me miss New England summer at the same time that it's getting me fired up for New England winter.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It became so humid the past few days I didn't feel it at all anymore, but now the leaves are juuuusssttt starting over here....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2