• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Singles Line

McFatt

Just curious if you are noticing NO Singles line this year at your mountain? Skied both Wildcat and Attitash the last few weeks, and there is no designated singles line. Kinda felt guilty taking up a whole chair at the Bear Peak Quad when the line was 40minutes long, but it is what it is, right? At least with a quad or a triple (that old slow fixed grip summit triple), you can at least load 2 singles on opposite sides of the chair. It could only improve overall wait times, but I'm no ski resort GM...

jimmywilson69

no singles line at the Vail owned Roundtop in PA or Jack Frost when I went 3 weeks ago.

While we aren't experiencing 40 minute lift lines, we still have had longer than normal lines. Its a pandemic, I'm not riding with a random...

jaytrem

Lots of single lines at Mount Snow. They seem to move much quicker than the regular line. They do group up 2 singles when possible

jimmywilson69

I haven't had anyone ask and I haven't offered. I'm usually with at least 1 other person so its rare. during busy times I'm by myself. If no one asks or is assigned I'm not feeling guilty going up solo. In years past I'd always try to find another single if possible.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Out west here it varies. As said in another thread, Brighton (Boyne) uses singles lines and has since opening day. Since I ski single it works great. ;)

Alta does on some of its lifts but not all this year.

Snowbird does not have a singles line for its lifts. It makes the lines longer IMHO.

I can't recall for Deer Valley.

Ski Discovery (Montana) did not have any. But that is because they never have a crowd. :ROFLMAO:

bizarrefaith

No singles lines at Cannon and they don't want you linking up either - "arrive together, ride together".

The lines were definitely bad (by Cannon standards) over the holiday week, and yeah there's no tram so other lifts will be more crowded, but there's also reduced capacity. I think the lack of singles lines really slowed things down.

skiur

Killington has singles lines, on quads or larger they will put 2 singles together but first ask the singles if they mind, you can request to ride alone if you prefer. Lift lines have been a non issue, even on Saturdays it's been pretty much ski on at any lift except for the k1 and the bubble.

dblskifanatic

I flew on two flights one to Miami and back from Miami (connection flights to Turks & Caicos). Those two flights had every seat filled for a four hour flight. Total stranger sitting shoulder to shoulder. Not sure if I heard of too many issues but we were fine. So I think chair lifts should not be an issue either.

abc

I flew on two flights one to Miami and back from Miami (connection flights to Turks & Caicos). Those two flights had every seat filled for a four hour flight. Total stranger sitting shoulder to shoulder. Not sure if I heard of too many issues but we were fine. So I think chair lifts should not be an issue either.
Actually, I haven't heard of too many issues from any venue at all. Not even those political rallies where everyone were maskless and probably shouting.

All I hear is there're lots of cases testing positive, hospital getting busy. But nobody knows where they caught it on!

Zermatt

People party with masks on outdoors on chairlifts?

Not sure how you made it out of your cave if you're worried about catching Covid on a chairlift.

abc

Not sure how you made it out of your cave if you're worried about catching Covid on a chairlift.
Well for one thing, it's not your business to "figure out".

Some people don't worry about catching Covid on any setting. You choose to "only" not worry about catching on chair lift? You're a chicken by the standard of others...

FBGM

The masks and limited single pair ups have really put a damper on me trying to pick up girls in the single line. I’ve had some amazing luck with that in the past.

Slidebrook87

At Killington there was a single’s line which really came in handy. For lifts like Superstar and Skye Peak which got large group lines, it’s almost like even singles forgot about the singles line. You could blast right past everyone and either wait for some groups to pass and go alone, or if there was someone else alone in the singles or groups line, pair with them.

slatham

Bromley has a singles line for HSQ. They ask if you will ride with another - fully optional. I have ridden with other people, opposite sides, masks, outdoors, windy. I mean I feel like the safety bar will hit my helmeted head and kill me before the person riding with me on a quad will give me covid.

Mainer

We were skiing at attitash today. My littlest was done for the day, my six old was thirsty but wanted to go to the top. I grabbed her a can of seltzer for the lift. This is the 15 minute triple at attitash. Lifty says no drinks on lift, wife said to him “what are u talking about”. No drinks because of Covid, she said. ?????? 3 pm on a Monday, maybe loading every 5th chair. Needless to say, the seltzer made it on the lift.

Last edited: