• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Singles Line

JimG.

Staff member
99bd37401db1f61cf79430da9e121bd11fe5c531140597b9a54db85fed7937a0.jpg
Wow, you enjoy and work hard at cultivating that MAGA Joe image.

You must be very cool to use Easy Rider as part of your meme there. Remember at the end of the movie when 2 MAGA Joe's in a pickup truck blew away Hopper and Fonda with a shotgun? Very MAGA.

skiur

If they are following VT state guidance there would be no singles line as you're not supposed to ride the lift with anyone outside the group that you arrived at the mountain with...Sugarbush has no singles lines.

You can have a singles line and just load a single single at a time.

KustyTheKlown

i had a lot of fun at killington essentially cutting the line for the snowdon triple by taking the completely empty singles line that spit me out right at the rfid gates. don't hate the playa hate the game.

KustyTheKlown

not that unusual, more people probably ski in pairs or fours than groups of three, leaving room for singles on a triple. having the line there now is stupid, but i wasnt going to question a line cutting opportunity with no actual line cutting.

abc

not that unusual, more people probably ski in pairs or fours than groups of three, leaving room for singles on a triple. having the line there now is stupid, but i wasnt going to question a line cutting opportunity with no actual line cutting.
But that would be against social distancing principles

rebel1916

You could stand in the middle of the loading area. That MAY discourage anyone who wants to join you.

I had a somewhat similar situation the other day. I was in an elevator. It stopped at a floor that's not my destination. So I knew someone was waiting outside the door. Just so they don't come in, I stood at the door, blocking it. That stopped them (a couple) right in their track. They backed up, wait for the next elevator...
LOL. Did everybody slow clap?

KustyTheKlown

jesus christ. they arent pairing singles up. hence its stupid for the line to be there, but i was still able to use it to jump the queue of doubles and triples waiting, without breaking any rules. maybe you should read the posts again.

beyond.the.lodge

If they are following VT state guidance there would be no singles line as you're not supposed to ride the lift with anyone outside the group that you arrived at the mountain with...Sugarbush has no singles lines.
I believe VT state guidance says you can if you are six feet apart

mikec142

I believe VT state guidance says you can if you are six feet apart
You could be correct. But on a double/triple/quad I don't see how you could be six feet apart. Maybe on a six pack. Sugarbush has signs at the lifts that say to only ride the lift with people you arrived with.