• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski 3 - WF, Gore, Bell

BenedictGomez

This is false, I think!

Well, that's better than "This is a lie!", which is what you wrote before editing.

At the beginning of the season when there were few trails open, Belleayre would print BOGO on the lift ticket and it could be redemed for a free ticket your next visit if it was before Dec. 17th. Also at the very end of the season their would be a BOGO on your lift ticket sometimes that needed to be used by Dec. 17th of the next season.

Belleayre had tons of full-fledged BOGOs that could be used 7 days per week, all season long. They probably were blacked out for holidays (cant remember), but it most certainly wasn't just early/late season.

That's in addition to the problem that DMC posted, which was the straw that broke the camels back. How ubiquitous were Belleayre BOGOs? They were so common that people would try to sell them online for 99¢ or $1.99, and often they didnt sell, even in peak months like January and February. IMO, anyone skiing at Belleayre during those few years paying more than 50% of face for a ticket was a sucker.

Rambo

As far as Belleayre goes and past practices: A few years ago, I asked a guy I know, "How do you get free lift tickets to Belleayre" and he said every year he went to the New York State Fair and went to the DEC building (he said it was a log cabin building) and there you could get vouchers for free Belleayre lift tickets.

Also at the end of the ski season, one year at Belleayre, a guy in the parking lot wanted to sell me an extra voucher he had for a free lift ticket, and he said he got the vouchers at a Golf Expo. and Belleayre had a table set up there.

Last edited:

dmc

Sorry...what "camel's back" would that be? Would it be the same camel whose throat was slit, but who (miraculously) is still alive and well?

The "camels back" that is a small ski area (Plattekill) up against New York State tossing 1000 BOGOs around in their back yard..

ScottySkis

The "camels back" that is a small ski area (Plattekill) up against New York State tossing 1000 BOGOs around in their back yard..

Up and they only buy used stuff at Platty, maybe if he made more visits a few years ago Platty would have had more snow makers today.:thumbdown:

ScottySkis

The last day to buy the Ski3 pass at the cheatest rate is this Friday, April 19. Has anyone here purchased one or planning on doing so? I'm just curious...I've been told sales are going well.
I though about it, I wouldn't enjoy Bell enough to make it worth the price.

4aprice

Under different circumstances I definitely would have considered it. I'm ok with Belleayre (skiing wise, not the state v private issue) and the addition of the other 2 mountains would make it very interesting to me. I like variety. I would even ski it if I lived in the Albany area just for that reason.

One thing that interested me was it was advertised heavily on the main route to Rutland. Big billboards on 149 near Fort Ann and 4 just before the Vermont state line. Will be interesting to see how it does.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

zyk

I'm debating it right now. Its Hunter again or Gore/Belleayre. Wouldn't trade Hunter for Belleayre, but I might for Gore. Its the longer drive I'm considering.

JimG.

Staff member
I considered the 3 in 1...I even went to Belleayre to ski for 2 days to see how I felt. I was bored to death and could not ski there more than 1 weekend a month. I would trade Hunter for Gore, but do I want to more than double my drive time? If I decided to stay over at night to equalize the driving time, then I have an added lodging expense for at least 2 weekends a month. Whiteface is the gem, but at 4+ hours from my house that would be a one weekend a month trip and again I have a lodging expense.

So my plan is to buy the Hunter season pass again for 2013-14. But I will be making regular trips to Gore and Whiteface during the season. I'll see how the driving and lodging plays out, then if I can deal with those issues I'll get the 3 in 1 for 2014-15.