• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Busses from NYC-Reccomendations?

skisheep

Does anyone have any experience with the various bus companies that operate trips from NYC to the various mountains in the area? Considering trying one of them in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has experience with the various companies? Do they still allow for a full day of skiing? I know that most of them go to Hunter or Windham any trips to less crowded mountains such as Belleyare or Plattekill?

Thanks

-skisheep

catskillman

Does anyone have any experience with the various bus companies that operate trips from NYC to the various mountains in the area? Considering trying one of them in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has experience with the various companies? Do they still allow for a full day of skiing? I know that most of them go to Hunter or Windham any trips to less crowded mountains such as Belleyare or Plattekill?

Thanks

-skisheep

LivingSocial has the best deals. RT bus to Hunter, full mtn lift ticket, rentals and a hot beverage for $99 or $109. amazing deal. you can throw in a lesson for $20. & yes you do get a full day in>

ScottySkis

Their are fee that I used to use a few years ago. Emilios queens pick up and 72 and York on the East side of Manhattan. Urban Shepherd 42 st pick up and Broadway by the theater district and by Union Square, lots.of room and usually extra bus with Urban. Override.com through a ski shop on 72 st and 7 ave. Of the three I liked override the best all go to Catskills weekend and some midweek days, also usually go to 3 major South Vermont resorts on the weekend. None go to Platty that I know about.
I always remember skiing to 4 and bus leaving at 415pm most of the time.

ScottySkis

Thanks for your replies! About to pull the trigger on an Ovrride trip so will report back with a review.

-skisheep

Cool I b be happy to hear your trip report, also plus with Ovrride is they are the most party of all those groups and usually bring beer back on the bus, if you bring they very happy to share. Have fun.

JTM

Website
siskiandsnowboardtours.weebly.com
I have taken all NYC ski bus trips to the Catskills and So. VT and actually started a tour from SI for the forgotten borough & Northern, NJ so I have enough experience to comment. Living Social is not a good deal for seasoned skiers who own equipment and do not require lessons. I had good experiences with Ovrride and Emilio's. I have taken both tours up to NY/VT numerous times over the past 4-5 years and have never had a problem. My buddy once had an issue getting a refund from Emilio's when he could not make a trip due to a blizzard as he had to drive to the bus location. I took Urban Sherpa for the first time this season to Wyndham and the experience was not as pleasant. They were not very organized, had no check-in system and the bus was very late departing from the mountain and no one from the crew informed any of the travelers. Also, the bus did not arrive at the predetermined pick-up location so it was up to the travelers to hunt it down 100 yards away and board. I think the bus may have left a few people on the mountain because we came up with about 50 and departed with about 40. So all in all, I'd choose Orride or if you are leaving from SI choose: http://siskiandsnowboardtours.weebly.com/

skisheep

Ended up going to Hunter with Urban Sherpa, Ovrride does not go to Hunter on sundays and I thought that super bowl sunday would be less busy. I was entirely correct, place was way more civilized than an average weekend day, 5-10 min line on 6pack only 2 minutes in the singles line, and everything else was ski on. Conditions were great, hats off to the snowmakers there!

Urban Sherpa was decent, they give you $10 off if you book before wednesday for that weekend, which is nice. The bus was 15 minutes late to the pickup point (UWS EMS Store), but made up time en route, and we got to Hunter at 9:00, on time. They sent one bus for both Hunter and Windham, which would have not been so bad, since you basically have to drive by Hunter to get to Windham. However, since they dropped the Hunter people off first, they decided to pick us up first, in the interest of fairness according to them, which is sort of silly, since we had to drive to Windham, pick them up, and then drive back and pass Hunter to get back to the city. They should have picked up Windham first, saving Hunter people a 30 minute round trip. Left Hunter at 4:00, got back into the city by 7:15, a reasonable hour and plenty of time to enjoy the Super Bowl. Overall, it was a great experience, and will definitely do a bus tour again, SO MUCH EASIER than driving, you can have a drink and not have to drive, and can relax on the way home and sleep on the way up. For $75, it’s a steal, when a lift ticket alone is $70. However, if I was to do it again, might try another bus company, was not wowed by Urban Sherpa due to their silly 2 mountain one bus policy.

Tip: The pizza place in the Hunter base lodge separate from the main Marketplace has good pizza, and compared to everything else there, it’s a bargain! ($2.75 for cheese, $3.25 for toppings for a decent sized slice.)

-skisheep

mlkrgr

I gotta love the ski buses too. Nacski puts out some great deals and operates from your area as well as mine, although they seem to be charging around the same $$ as everyone else in the Boston area this year. Website is www.nacski.com

twinplanx

I have found a few Ski Bus outfits on Long Island. The one I was planning on being on today is called Snowbird Ski Tours. They were heading to K today and that seemed better then the Okemo, Mt. Snow, Windham options offered by the other operators. Island Ski Tours also seems to have a mid-week bus to Windham. I know the PJ Ferry offers some trips as well, but not every weekend and might not appeal to folks from Nassau. There are also some interesting options offered by Maximum tours for the whole weekend to Gore, Stowe and the River...
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

skisheep

I gotta love the ski buses too. Nacski puts out some great deals and operates from your area as well as mine, although they seem to be charging around the same $$ as everyone else in the Boston area this year. Website is www.nacski.com
Nacski is down here, but they are way more expensive than everyone else, for example, for their trip to windham this weekend, they are $117, everyone else is $85, urban sherpa is $75 if you book before wednesday(early bird special). For the same thing, there's really no benefit.

-skisheep

tekweezle

I did the emiliosskishop.com bus to Okemo recently on Mlk day. 105$. I ve taken them before and they seem to be thorough. They were okay but the only thing that I didn't like was that this time, they wanted to leave by 3:30-4:00 so they were pushing us be on the bus by 3:15. That means you don't get a full day of skiing in. Did not matter as we didn't leave until about 4:15 anyway.

Sent from a HTC Droid Incredible running CM 10.1