• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

sf77

Many places have already announced that their closing weekends are coming up and some (ex.: Thunder Ridge) have already closed or are closing very soon. We all want to know when will my favorite ski resort stay open? Have any of the major resorts posted when they'll close, or is it too early to tell?

ScottySkis

Wish it was 1980 s still they use to Have Hunter and K open every seasin to May and beyond i knos it knot possible now with buget smartneess and profitbality to kedp mountains in Business and us happy with chair lift to ride,.

xwhaler

I'll be curious to see who is last to close in NH. Loaf will be last in ME and K last in VT but NH is a bit more up in the air.
Bretton Woods scheduled last day is 4/21 but I suppose Loon/Wildcat could possibly challenge and try and open the wknd after.

slatham

Based on current forecasts over the next couple of weeks -looks like midwinter conditions continue - and then the long range outlook into April, areas will close due to a lack of people before they close due to a lack of snow.

dlague

Gunstock ends night skiing this Saturday 3/22 and the season on 4/6.

While March 30th we will see some closures - April 6th is shaping up to be the bigger day.

Wow this is starting to suck!

skiNEwhere

What pisses me off about CO resorts is that they'll have a set date to close before they even open for the season, and they won't budge on moving that date back unless there is like 2 feet of snow, and even then, they'll just extend the closing date to that weekend

Wouldn't be surprised if a few resorts close this year while still 100% open