• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

faceplant

Damn this place is so packed full o‘ douches It’s amazing. I mean, I’m on a few cycling forums and even the roadies can‘t compare with some of these guys
used to be great site- now just a bunch of self impressed knowitalls sniping each other, real bad vibe- lots of good peeps bailed long time ago- I hardly check here anymore, depressing

abc

used to be great site- now just a bunch of self impressed knowitalls sniping each other, real bad vibe- lots of good peeps bailed long time ago- I hardly check here anymore, depressing
I almost agree. I haven't checked this site since March.

But this is the only site that covers all of the northeast. This is the only place to find out how the season is going. What are the travel restrictions are and how it will affect the mountains. All without having to go check each and every states and each and every mountain. At this point of the season, I could use such information. To make a decision whether to get a pass for THIS season, vs sitting it out and defer it to 21/22.

1dog

I just wish the government would let people live there lives. If everyone would be respectful for the people around them. passing someone walking put the mask over your face. try to keep some room apart from the next person. Other than that let people live there lives. If you are concerned that you live with an elderly person then self quarantine until a vaccine comes out. If you don't feel comfortable going to the gym, restaurant, skiing and ski lodges then don't go.
Live Free or Die - some people think living free equals death. Here's a great number of charts that show masks and lockdowns are ineffective - comes right before the Denmark Study was released a few days ago.

Can't wait to ski! Even got my reserved parking spot at K!

2Planker

HC workers are so burnt out...
Scrubs, Surgical Gown, Booties & Hat, Gloves, Mask, Protective Eyewear and a Face Shield 10-12 hours/day

I haven't been able to take a Vacation Day since February.

JimG.

Staff member
I just wish the government would let people live there lives. If everyone would be respectful for the people around them. passing someone walking put the mask over your face. try to keep some room apart from the next person. Other than that let people live there lives. If you are concerned that you live with an elderly person then self quarantine until a vaccine comes out. If you don't feel comfortable going to the gym, restaurant, skiing and ski lodges then don't go.
And I agree wholeheartedly. The problem is the level of respect you mention. There is none.

Example: my wife dragged me out to go shopping last night. We got on the long winding line to pay. 2 elderly women got on line behind us and proceeded to literally stand right behind us at zero distance. I could feel their breath on my shoulder as they were talking. Every time I moved away they moved right behind us again. My wife saw that I was getting agitated so she said loudly "Jim, stop moving away from them because every time you do they move even closer to us". That stopped it although then we got the ugly stares from them. I love my wife!

I do not believe I will get sick with Corona and if I do I'll sneeze and cough a little and then get better. I think I've already had Corona anyway and it was no big deal in my case. I'm in good health with no pre-existing co-morbidities. I work hard at staying in good shape. I'm tired of wearing a mask but I do so to keep every one else's stress under control. And I stay away from people, not because of a germ but because I just don't like people too close to me invading my personal space. That's why I don't like to fly...I love the flying part but cannot stand the people part. It makes my skin crawl. If I had a personal jet I would fly everywhere.

When people just disregard the rules it means I get to follow those dumb rules for longer because it gives the people who make them a reason to extend or expand them. I just want to ski at this point but people who bend or ignore the rules just make it worse for the rest of us.

Edd

Live Free or Die - some people think living free equals death. Here's a great number of charts that show masks and lockdowns are ineffective - comes right before the Denmark Study was released a few days ago.

Post reported (not kidding)

abc

Example: my wife dragged me out to go shopping last night. We got on the long winding line to pay. 2 elderly women got on line behind us and proceeded to literally stand right behind us at zero distance. I could feel their breath on my shoulder as they were talking. Every time I moved away they moved right behind us again.
I had one such at one time.

I went to stand in front of my cart!

ok, the cart isn't quite 6 feet long. But it's a lot better than 0 feet!

If I go skiing, and run into people who insist on getting too close on the lift line, I WILL use my poles to "enforce a bubble" around myself!

Puck it

You obvioulsy have not swallowed the kool-aid. There is no following the science when it comes to Covid.

Edd

You disagree with something, so you want it banned?

No grown man would do something so childish and pathetic, so you must be joking. Funny!
No need to get personal, and you’re mischaracterizing what I’m doing.

nhskier1969

I took this screen shot from a CNN article. I didn't realize that over 1.2 million Americans die from Heart disease and Cancer each year. This has been talked about a million times but what will actually be the death rate from only coronavirus. The numbers attached have to go down this year, So how many were from thier underlining condition before corona and what does the death certificate say.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 9.31.01 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 9.31.01 AM.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 9