• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Season trips and outings

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
The last three posters all have avatars from the same trail and on the same day... ha.

Wish I were there so we could make it 4 in a row. ;) Mine is from the same weekend and I was skiing with another AZer then too. :)

Vortex

bvibert said:
Greg said:
The last three posters all have avatars from the same trail and on the same day... ha.

Wish I were there so we could make it 4 in a row. ;) Mine is from the same weekend and I was skiing with another AZer then too. :)
I think you owe me 2 beers know? Not sure why but sounded good. :dunce:

loafer89

I guess that I will have to come along next April, since Bob has designated me as the driver.

I will drive us all to the Porterhouse Resteraunt, that's as far as I go from Sugarloaf.

Best resteraunt in town, I can almost taste the duck strips, porterhouse steak and russian creme for dessert.

Did I mention that I HATE you guys for talking about Sugarloaf in JULY!!!!!!!! :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Bob R said:
bvibert said:
Greg said:

I think you owe me 2 beers know? Not sure why but sounded good. :dunce:

Yeah, I think its at least 2 by now... ;)

loafer89

I followed your link and instructions and it takes me to the winter homepage, am I missing something in the upper right hand corner? :dunce:

Greg

Staff member
loafer89 said:
I followed your link and instructions and it takes me to the winter homepage, am I missing something in the upper right hand corner? :dunce:
I used to have a pic of Sugarbush up there. Check out what I have now. Again, you may need to refresh.

loafer89

Neatoooooo, nice picture of the Sugarloaf summit :D :D :D

But it's still July :cry: :cry: :cry:

126 days until Sugarloaf opens for the season :beer:

ALLSKIING

Staff member
loafer89 said:
I guess that I will have to come along next April, since Bob has designated me as the driver.

I will drive us all to the Porterhouse Resteraunt, that's as far as I go from Sugarloaf.

Best resteraunt in town, I can almost taste the duck strips, porterhouse steak and russian creme for dessert.
You know were going to hold you to this!! :lol:

awf170

just thought of this, but i would love to have a gathering at stowe if we could find a local to give us a tour... there must be a stowe local on here that could show us around to the good stuff

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
awf170 said:
just thought of this, but i would love to have a gathering at stowe if we could find a local to give us a tour... there must be a stowe local on here that could show us around to the good stuff
:lol:
i doubt any local any where would be caught dead giving up a tour to the goods with a large gathering of people. two is company but three is a crowd is generally how i look at it when showing other folks some fun stuff i know of. any ways, we would have to get a substantial group rate before i be paying stowe $$$ to ski there. till then, i'll be skiing mansfield on my own power. much of the goods is hike to on mansfield any ways from what i understand.

awf170

riverc0il said:
awf170 said:
:lol:
i doubt any local any where would be caught dead giving up a tour to the goods with a large gathering of people.

hey, it was a hope :D , i doubt we could find anyone to give us a tour... but maybe there is some hope, anyway how many people do you think we would get together to ski the OB stuff... i say it would be only about 5 max.
We could even buy them lunch for the tour(which ussually runs about $20 at stowe :wink: )

riverc0il said:
much of the goods is hike to on mansfield any ways from what i understand.

Yes but the chairs take away 2000 vertical feet of hiking or skinning :wink: unless your talkin about the backside, in which the lift wont help you

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
you can still do teardrop utilizing the chair, but you still gotta hike back up and over. in general, i say thumbs down to trying to find a local for a tour. stashes and other lift accessed stuff is generally found or a spontaneous hook up when all the reasons are right. i would never intentionally go to a ski area looking for a local, especially in with a small group. i would never consider dishing if i saw folks doing that on my home hill.

awf170

riverc0il said:
would never intentionally go to a ski area looking for a local, especially in with a small group. i would never consider dishing if i saw folks doing that on my home hill.

I didnt mean it like that... i meant a stowe local on this forum... i think there are a few right... jim g?

Vortex

Stuff like that might work better in a PM form. Special secret info, just does not come out in public forums. Someone on the old K site got bashed asking about secret places.

Vortex

Bump

Well it seems like we will be doing Killington on Nov 11th.

I would suggest We do Sunday River in December just before X mass maybe the 17th of December. Get some use out of the bronze passes before the black out dates come in.

I would be up for Loon Any Sat in Jan. get the threedom passes out. Mlk would be a black out date, for some of the restricted passes.

Feb for Cannon after it has had a chance to get a few storms and base built up. Mass vacation week would be probably a tought one.

that leaves plenty of time for the NY and VT mountains to sneak in during that time span or after.

Ow ya Reggae in April at Sugarloaf.

Feed back guys

ALLSKIING

Staff member
A few Mass Trips would also be a good Idea. As well as a few NY Trips-Hunter. I was also thinking of a few CT trips for the people in these areas. CT would have to be planned for mid season to have good conditions.

Vortex

Mass and Ct. BVibert and Greg could get the love with the CT outings. good Ideas. TB had been talking up Wachusett amongst others. I was hoping to try Wa Wa at night.