• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKI SUNDOWN: AZ Challenge 2007 Response/Feedback Thread

wa-loaf

Sweet! Keep us posted. Small hill, but many of us call it home, at least midweek.

I definitely will. I've seen enough of the videos to see you can have a good time there. I just wish Wachusett would allow a bigger bump field.

Grassi21

Go here: http://www.skisundown.com/programs/adults.php

Scroll to the bottom. 8 weeknights for $168 ($21/night) if purchased before 10/31. Not a bad deal.

Maybe I interpreted it differently. But I think the 8 is tied to the number of clinics should you go with the pick a day or night/clinic combo. I think the pick a day/night passes are valid from the start to the end of the season.

From the Ski Sundown Programs page:

"Ski or ride from 6pm until 10pm one weeknight of your choice from the start of the season to the end of the season to the end of the season."

Greg

Staff member
Maybe I interpreted it differently. But I think the 8 is tied to the number of clinics should you go with the pick a day or night/clinic combo. I think the pick a day/night passes are valid from the start to the end of the season.

"Ski or ride from 6pm until 10pm one weeknight of your choice from the start of the season to the end of the season to the end of the season."

Wow! Wait a second. So, for $168, you can ski a weeknight once a week all season? That's a helluva deal!

Greg

Staff member

Wow! Wait a second. So, for $168, you can ski a weeknight once a week all season? That's a helluva deal!

I've confirmed this is the case.

Based on a conservative 15 weeks, you could ski for $11.20/night...

:-o

JimG.

Staff member
I've watched for 2 years as you guys go hyper about this place. I just can't see a little feeder hill like this being that good. What's the catch?

And don't tell me the catch is that Brian works there.

Grassi21

I've watched for 2 years as you guys go hyper about this place. I just can't see a little feeder hill like this being that good. What's the catch?

For me its less than 1 hr from my place, better/more consistent snow making than Catamount (where I had a pass last season), bumps to play in, and a group of OK guys to ski with on a regular basis...... and Brian works there.

Grassi21

Stinger is great when the terrain park is dead. Temptor has a bit of character to it. Gunbarrel has some legit pitch to it. I haven't sampled yet, but there are some little tree runs. Not to mention they are considering a bump comp this season.

Greg

Staff member

For me its less than 1 hr from my place, better/more consistent snow making than Catamount (where I had a pass last season), bumps to play in, and a group of OK guys to ski with on a regular basis...... and Brian works there.

Chris just about covered it. I'm 25 minutes away. I can eat dinner, help my wife put the kids down, and still click in by 7:30. The place is indeed a small feeder hill; one which make a ton of snow, and offers probably close to 500 vertical feet (when Ex is seeded) of low-angle, yet legitimate (read: often large) bumps. I wouldn't ski there nearly as much as I do without the moguls. In fact, once they're seeded, I rarely ski any other trail. It's also nice to meet up with Chris, Pat, Brian loafer, Jeff and others from time to time. Even Marc made the 1 hour drive over once. I find a mogul fix on Wednesday nights is a great way to break up the week and feed the ski jones.

And Brian works there.

JimG.

Staff member
Chris just about covered it. I'm 25 minutes away. I can eat dinner, help my wife put the kids down, and still click in by 7:30. The place is indeed a small feeder hill; one which make a ton of snow, and offers probably close to 500 vertical feet (when Ex is seeded) of low-angle, yet legitimate (read: often large) bumps. I wouldn't ski there nearly as much as I do without the moguls. In fact, once they're seeded, I rarely ski any other trail. It's also nice to meet up with Chris, Pat, Brian loafer, Jeff and others from time to time. Even Marc made the 1 hour drive over once. I find a mogul fix on Wednesday nights is a great way to break up the week and feed the ski jones.

And Brian works there.

So, what you're telling me is...

the catch is that Brian works there.

Greg

Staff member
So, what you're telling me is...

the catch is that Brian works there.

Right. That is the one thing you need to get past if you want to ski there. You get used to the smell after a while...

I know it's probably a 90 minute drive for you, Jim, but once the bumps are primed, you should head over once this season. It would be a hoot to ski with you there. I think if you could be riding the lift right at 6 pm, 4 hours on Nor'easter with the Sundown crew would be worth the drive; at least to say you did it...

JimG.

Staff member
Oh, and BTW...

STyle + EASE = STEASE. Then change the "S" to "Z" for extra funk = STEAZE.

Let's spell it right.

JimG.

Staff member
Right. That is the one thing you need to get past if you want to ski there. You get used to the smell after a while...

I know it's probably a 90 minute drive for you, Jim, but once the bumps are primed, you should head over once this season. It would be a hoot to ski with you there. I think if you could be riding the lift right at 6 pm, 4 hours on Nor'easter with the Sundown crew would be worth the drive; at least to say you did it...

I dunno...

90 minutes to ski with you clowns?

I guess I ought to at least consider it since you all drive over to Hunter.

Greg

Staff member
Oh, and BTW...

STyle + EASE = STEASE. Then change the "S" to "Z" for extra funk = STEAZE.

Let's spell it right.

Yeah, but we're all posers, so our "steaze" is closer to "cheese"; thus for us, it's called "steeze"... ;)

I dunno...

90 minutes to ski with you clowns?

I guess I ought to at least consider it since you all drive over to Hunter.

Cool. Just keep it in mind...