• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Friday, 1/12/2007

Grassi21

From the NWS:

Tonight: Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 35. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

It looks like we have a good chance of staying dry tonight.

Greg

Staff member
From the NWS:

Tonight: Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 35. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

It looks like we have a good chance of staying dry tonight.

Yup. Should be fine. Even if it does rain, it'll be light.

bvibert

Staff member
Here's something I whipped up to fuel the addiction...

http://skiing.bvibert.com/SDW/graph.php

The graphs are kinda cheesy, but I think it's pretty neat at the same time...

There's a link to the raw data so you can plug the numbers into Excel if you want (there's additional data in there too..).

If anyone cares I've update the graph to allow you to choose at what point you want the data to start in the graph via a drop-down box. Unfortunately I just realized that it resets every time you refresh though... Knew I was forgetting something. :roll: Anyway, the point was to make the graph smaller so you didn't have to scroll to the side so much...

Greg

Staff member
Anybody else getting psyched? I hope to be clicking in closer to 6:30 now. I'm really anxious to see how much snow they made.

Grassi21

I have been checking the "My geeky Sundown weather tracker" and fighting the urge to leave now.

I will be locked and loaded by 6 pm. I will be there earlier so I'll see if those shiftless lifties will let me on before 6.

Greg

Staff member
Warren is just shy of 7, his birthday is on January 23rd. I look forward to meeting you and your son.

Maybe they can pick up teenage snowboarding chicks together... ;)

Grassi21

I'm leaving from Norwalk now. It turns out that with my Savings Card an 8 hr. ticket on Fridays is 1 dollar cheaper than a Friday Night ticket. I'll be cranking turns by 5 PM.

Catul

Well, I was bummed I couldn't ski last night as planned, so I decided to head out for a couple of hours first thing this morning - was first on the yellow triple at 9 a.m. :) Sundown did a great job getting a decent cover on all the open trails. Conditions were very firm, with plenty of loose granular and death cookies at first. As skier traffic increased and the sun came out, things warmed up and turned nicely softer; though a few parts started getting "skied off" and down to a very icy base.

Stinger was probably the run of the day, as was Canyon Run for nice cruising. I left at about 11:20; was a blast to finally get out and really ski - had only been out about 5 times this season with my young kids.

Greg

Staff member
Well, I was bummed I couldn't ski last night as planned, so I decided to head out for a couple of hours first thing this morning - was first on the yellow triple at 9 a.m. :) Sundown did a great job getting a decent cover on all the open trails. Conditions were very firm, with plenty of loose granular and death cookies at first. As skier traffic increased and the sun came out, things warmed up and turned nicely softer; though a few parts started getting "skied off" and down to a very icy base.

Stinger was probably the run of the day, as was Canyon Run for nice cruising. I left at about 11:20; was a blast to finally get out and really ski - had only been out about 5 times this season with my young kids.

Cool! Thanks for the update!

Greg

Staff member
Easy dad....We both have two girls..:blink: we will get ours.

Just teasing. Warren had me cracking up a few weeks back when he latched on to a snowboarder girl. Too cute.

loafer89

We are leaving now to give Warren extra time to hook up with someone on the slopes.:lol:

It's quite warm here in Bloomfield (49.6F) should make for some soft snow tonight.

See you guys later

Greg

Staff member
I should be rolling within 30 mins....

loafer89

I just got back from Ski Sundown, but I will leave it to Greg for the conditions report. It was nice to meet up and ski with Grassi21 and madskier6.