• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski VT passes

watkin

Ok so what _is_ the deal with these things? Finding out about them is nigh impossible:

The Ski Vermont website does not have any info posted about them, they are not answering emails, and the phone line goes straight to voicemail.

When do they go on sale, and are they only available through clubs or what? I was hoping to get one of the 5 days to nail down my VT lift tickets for the season, but if they aren't available, might have to find another solution.

Any one have any info on this?

Thx in advance!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I just looked at their site and I only see the 5th Grade Program so yeah, I don't see anything about this program either. In my experience Ski Vermont does issue/sell discount tickets, but they are very hard to get. My law school used to sell them as a fund raiser and the restrictions on the passes, and the difficulty in getting them in the first place, made it a lot of work. In general, I don't think that they do a direct sale to the public program like SkiNH does.

One idea might be to go to Liftopia and check out the great deals that they are running right now. Many Vermont resorts are on the deal page.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Liftopia has some killer deals. Last year Ski Vermont did do a bunch of offers ... try a search out in the top right side. I think they were pretty elusive last year as well.

PS, welcome to the boards!

watkin

Well thanks for the replies guys. I guess that deal was just too good to be true. The Ski VT pass really appealed to me because of the flexibility despite the black out days.

Liftopia is an ok option, definitely not as deep of discounts, and I do not like the fact that you have to purchase for specific days.. but it is better than paying full price.

Back to the drawing board...

thetrailboss

Staff member
The Ski Vermont passes may be sold, but I just don't know if they sell them directly or who resells them.

TheBEast

Call them. The order forms usually go out to prior purchasers in late September and they do sell out rather quickly. But a quick call to them could put you on their list. Depending on the area the name printed on them usually isn't too much of an issue.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Call them. The order forms usually go out to prior purchasers in late September and they do sell out rather quickly. But a quick call to them could put you on their list. Depending on the area the name printed on them usually isn't too much of an issue.

Exactly, I've been on their list for awhile. Didn't buy into it last year so to not expect to get offer this year. Call them and get on list. Call 802-223-2439 or email: info@skivermont.com

watkin

What a difference a day makes.. guess they were in the office today and could answer the phone. Am on the order list now.

Again thanks very much to the AZ community for all your help. I really appreciate all the responses. This season can't start soon enough!!!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Non-transferable.

They come with your name on them & must be signed by the purchaser.

At least that's the rule.

OK. The program with which I am familiar were ticket books with vouchers for each ski area and they were not for a specific person. IIRC you filled out the back with your name and address when exchanging it for a ticket. These ticket books were sold/issued to non-profits and certain entities. And, as I mentioned, some resold them as fund raisers.

So this must be a different program or the one I knew of is no more. Either way it does not look like Ski Vermont wants folks to know that they have discount tickets. That is probably to appease their members.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
What a difference a day makes.. guess they were in the office today and could answer the phone. Am on the order list now.

Again thanks very much to the AZ community for all your help. I really appreciate all the responses. This season can't start soon enough!!!

Good to hear!

darent

used them last year, great deal, offered 3 day or 6 day deal, will do again this year when they become available