• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skier and Snowboarder ride the same trail...

Funky_Catskills

Great question. I wonder that myself. Why create this thread in the first place(?), might lead us to the answer.

I created this to make a statement that some of us don't give a fukc about the constant posting by certain people here of snowboarders and skiers not getting along.....

Do you not agree with it?

Did I offend you in any way?

Edd

I created this to make a statement that some of us don't give a fukc about the constant posting by certain people here of snowboarders and skiers not getting along.....

Do you not agree with it?

Did I offend you in any way?

Offend me? Absolutely not.

What I suspect that you don't understand is that the Aspen Highlands incident is, in no way, about skier vs. snowboarder. What is on their feet is truly a non-issue.

You talk like a WW2 Japanese soldier, trapped on an island, who is unaware that nobody has cared about the conflict for a very long time. Almost nobody thinks about it. That seems to be the first place your mind goes. I'd like to put your mind at ease, but you seem to liken it to a race war. There is no war.

Funky_Catskills

Thats kind of my point... there is no war - until the moderators bring it up(post) to stimulate - umm conversation.. And then people pile on.

I've been on the front lines of this debate since 1989... This is me having fun.. Trust me on this...

Konichiwa Edd-son

Edd

Thats kind of my point... there is no war - until the moderators bring it up(post) to stimulate - umm conversation.. And then people pile on.

I've been on the front lines of this debate since 1989... This is me having fun.. Trust me on this...

Konichiwa Edd-son

(Shuts eyes, turns head towards the sky in exasperation)

You seem determined to miss the point, so I'll bang my head against the wall for another minute and stop.

If the story had involved two snowboarders, it still would have been posted. Trailboss would have posted it just the same, and it would have been equally interesting (horrifying). The boards on the feet are not the point.

Funky_Catskills

cool... Sorry..

As much as you feel I don't understand you - I feel the same that you don't understand me..
You seem determined to make your own point... I was just having fun and making a statement..
And encouraging people to chill and hang with people on different board type things...

Look at all the posts - it's ALL snowboarder vs Skier... I don't post that stuff a moderator does..
I could do without it...

Funky_Catskills

I'm sorry... I recant my statement based on what I've seen recently..

I only come on this board every once and a while..
So what i see today may not jib with what has been posted in the past...

Current threads:
Skier Throws Snowboarder Off Aspen Highlands Chairlift
Started by thetrailboss, Yesterday 5:25 PM

Florida Skier Gets $800k [Default] Judgment Against Snowmass Snowboarder
Started by thetrailboss, Yesterday 5:19 PM

Whitey

When I was younger, one of my buddies had a younger brother. He was a good kid, but a little bit of a spaz. He did everything we did but you always knew there was something just a little bit off about him. He had a ton of energy and always wanted to hang out with us. Most of the time we just wished he would leave us alone. But he was a good kid and he would usually do something crazy or stupid and make us all laugh. So it wasn’t horrible having him around and we would tolerate him at times. But you always knew that it was best to do it in small doses and not all the time. And when it came time to do “big kid stuff”, then that was the time for little spaz brother to go away.

I think about that kid sometimes when I ski with a snowboarder. . .

dlague

We used to have fun with a snowboarder until my so switched back to skiing!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

podunk77

Funky_Catskills creates an obviously satirical and light-hearted headline, then NY Dirtbag adds a post that makes me laugh so hard I spit up my beer, and four pages later it degenerates into people taking sides and basically telling others to go home. Shit, I may as well just read campaign coverage.