• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiers wearing snowboarding gear?

Glenn

Burton has always made good stuff IMHO. When I used to board and ski...same outfit. It was expensive enough to go between both sets of equipment. :lol: I still ski in Burton mittents. They hold up very well.

And about the OP's question....99% of the skiing population won't even notice.

SIKSKIER

I think most clothing has crossed over anyway hasn't it?Most of the park skiers I see are wearing super crazy prints that are very baggy.I'm not ready for that yet.

planb420

IMO, I have no issues with Skiers wearing snowboard gear or the other way around, however I DO reserve the right to snicker and make fun of you....:-o:roll:

conwayeast

I like when I see skiers wearing snowboard gear. Mainly because it helps to support those snowboard companies.

snowmonster

I'm a function over form guy. If it fits and keeps you warm, wear it. Unless there's a technical reason snowboad gear has to be different from ski gear, it shouldn't matter, should it? This is a sport, not a fashion show.

conwayeast

I'm a function over form guy. If it fits and keeps you warm, wear it. Unless there's a technical reason snowboad gear has to be different from ski gear, it shouldn't matter, should it? This is a sport, not a fashion show.

Function > Fashion -- 100% of the time. Without fashion we'd all the look he same like an organized sports team. People want to be different so fashion definitely has its place too. But fashion is nothing if it doesn't function.

snowmonster

^ Nothing wrong with looking like a sports team in my book too -- which probably explains the Starter jackets on the hill.

Having said that, I'm willing to bet that if wives or girlfriends had to describe their partners to ski patrol, the description would go something like: "He was wearing a blue jacket and black pants." As much as some of us want to stand out on the hill, I suspect most men just fall back on the old standard colors.

Dubld

You never see and English man wearing a French man's clothes.