• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing off the backside of Sunday River (Video)

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
where did you end up and how long did it take you to get back to the lift?

I think it was about a 45 minute run. The videos added up to 35 minutes and I turned the camera off for about 5 minutes at a spot I had to hike up a bit. Also, it took me about 5 minutes to get to the spot where I dropped in.

As to where I ended up, if you go to the end of the video, you'll see me ending up at one of the slopeside hotels.

deadheadskier

Staff member
After skiing it, have you given much thought to heading up there this off season and thinning out a line?

The challenge with NH & ME versus Vermont is not only less snow, but the dense softwood forests vs the more spread out hardwoods you often encounter in VT. Really tough to find good natural glades in ME & NH even though the terrain is often better than what can be found in VT - steeper, more vert etc.

octopus

you must have looped around to the left to end up at the grand summit hotel. i recognized the pool/ hot tub you went by, been there plenty of times.