• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

abc

sugarbush - looks like the deal of the week.
quad pack $200 unrestricted, transferable until 11-30

http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/quad-pack

For sale thru November only, we’ve packaged up four, completely unrestricted 2013/14 Adult All Mountain lift tickets and are offering them for just $199. A serious savings. And the Quad Pack tickets are transferable, so you and your friends, family, or co-workers can use them. But you have to act fast, the Quad Pack is gone when December hits. - See more at: http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/quad-pack#sthash.0f3ixYft.dpuf
That one's been around for a while... (though it's about to expire so worth mentioning again)

abc

This thread is very useful but very difficult to use unfortunately.

I first learned about the Sugarbush 4-pack here. But I can't for the life of me find it again! Really, can't find it even if my life depends on it!

ScottySkis

I first learned about the Sugarbush 4-pack here. But I can't for the life of me find it again! Really, can't find it even if my life depends on it!

Search Sugarbush and see what happens.

keyser soze

Yes, there are a lot of good deals here, but they are scattered throughout the 55 page thread. I see on other deal web sites that they use a WIKI which whick allows the users to consolidate the active deals in one post at the beginning of the thread. It would make it much easier to find info. Unfortunately I am not sure how to set up or maintain a WIKI.

abc

BTW, here's a non-northeast deal: the Rocky Mountain Super Pass + is now available for purchase over the phone. (that's the "plus" pass that includes 6 days at Steamboat)

This is relatively new. For those who know about the pass, you probably know in years past it needs to be purchased in person, before mid-December. So it's really hard for non-locals to get it. It's a really good pass so some people end up making an early season trip to ski in early December so they can get the pass. (once you have it, you can re-new it again the next year)

But about a month ago, they changed their policy and now allow purchase over the phone.

As a result of that deal, I'll be spending Christmas and New Year in Colorado! :D

Got to say I love this thread. Don't often buy, but like to check out potential deals and then plan accordingly. Got 2 Sugarbush Quad Packs (home mt.) and the Mt Snow $12 tix. I've already got my base for skiing this year and plan to use Liftopia MRG and some Gore packages as I've never skied in updstate NY. Also bought the Mountain Sport Club card and got a couple of free lift tix. Plan to hit Smuggs and then head north to Jay. Let it snow!

ScottySkis

Mountainsnow today Cyber Monday I suggest trying 3 conservative days for best prices.

Hunter Mountain in Catskills having Cyber Monday deals got the email yesterday I try to post when I get to work but really busy now at work so not sure when I will.
Good luck people hoping you get some great deals today.