• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

ScottySkis

https://mountsnow.ltibooking.com/product?product_id=7568&start_date=2016-12-12

Mount Snow Founders Day Ticket - December 12
starting Monday, December 12, 2016
from $12.00
Details

To celebrate our great history, we have decided that December 12, Mount Snow’s birthday, will be known as Founders Day! These lift tickets are only valid on Monday, December 12, 2016. There are only 2000 tickets available at the $12 rate. Once they're gone, the price will continue to increase as we sell out of inventory. **Please note, Mount Snow requires the person purchasing this ticket special to be present at time of pickup. Discounted lift tickets purchased online are non-refundable.** *Kids 5 and under ski for $10. Visit us at any ticket window.*
Pickup Instructions

bousquet19

Bohemia and the Freedom Pass for 2016-17 (and beyond)

They dropped the $50 buy in, all season passholders of the collective get 3 lift tickets at the rest.

Sent from my XT1064 using AlpineZone mobile app

It will be interesting to see how the Freedom Pass deal will work beyond the 2016-17 season. Bohemia offered it for only $99 (for a limited period), but I didn't notice that any of the other participating areas followed suit. I wonder if they will next year, and I wonder if Bohemia will be allowed to offer such a great deal in the future.

I considered pulling the trigger on Bohemia this year, too, but held off. Living and working in Virginia doesn't afford many chances to drop by for a few runs at McIntyre, Magic, et al.

Woody

Last edited:

Jully

I received my Liftopia $5 credit in today's email. It was a reward for filling out their best ski areas survey last month.

Woody

Got the ski and snowboard expo email recently too. I hadn't checked my promotion folder on gmail (Where all liftopia emails go for me by default) in a few days.

fahz

If you were a VT resident a youth pass would be $99 with no additional fees & the same pass at Mount Bohemia with fees $115. Three passes (1 adult & 2 juniors) at Magic would have been $447 vs $345 at Mount Bohemia. Bohemia's deal is cheaper but imho if I was a resident of VT I believe that deal is even better. Unlimited trips to Magic & the proximity to more areas available for the Freedom Pass.

Curious to those that have done the pass and received the passes/receipt - do we just use that sheet of paper to ski at other participating Freedom Pass mountains or do we get something more pass like from Mt Bohemia?

I emailed Mt Bohemia about the question above. The reply, "Do not use your pass till after dec 13
Please show your email reciept and drives liscense at the ticket window" Thought others might benefit from the info

It will be interesting to see how the Freedom Pass deal will work beyond the 2016-17 season. Bohemia offered it for only $99 (for a limited period), but I didn't notice that any of the other participating areas followed suit. I wonder if they will next year, and I wonder if Bohemia will be allowed to offer such a great deal in the future.

I considered pulling the trigger on Bohemia this year, too, but held off. Living and working in Virginia doesn't afford many changes to drop by for a few runs at McIntyre, Magic, et al.

Woody

Last edited:

chuckstah

I received my Liftopia $5 credit in today's email. It was a reward for filling out their best ski areas survey last month.

Woody

Also received mine in the last day or so. Probably won't ever use it, but you never know?

nycskier

SkiPA.com has a lot of good deals (including their 4th & 5th grader kids ski free snow pass). You can also get a printable coupon for $5 off midweek adult lift tickets at these PA ski resorts:
Bear Creek Mountain ResortBig BoulderBlue Knob Ski ResortBlue Mountain ResortCamelback Ski ResortElk MountainHidden Valley ResortJack Frost MountainLiberty Mountain ResortMontage MountainMystic Mountain at NemacolinRoundtop Mountain ResortSeven Springs Mountain ResortShawnee MountainSki-Big BearSki Sawmill Family ResortTussey Mountain All SeasonsWhitetail Resort

Here:
https://www.skipa.com/plan-a-trip/m...ents-downloads/coupons/26-midweek-coupon/file

skimagic

Last edited:

Cornhead

Sounds like Bohemia is anticipating partners not wanting to honor the reciprocal tickets. Perhaps there will be a class action suit if they renig. From Bohemia's website.

Attention season passholders

if you plan on using your pass at a reciprocal resort read below

The master list should get to the other ski resorts by December 13th so please do not show up before then.

Please bring your email pass receipt and picture ID

Be respectful of the ticketing people at all times!

bring our phone numbers 906 289 4105 and 906 360 7240 and use them if u have any problems

But at all times be respectful at these resorts or we will lose these privelages

chuckstah

Sounds like Bohemia is anticipating partners not wanting to honor the reciprocal tickets. Perhaps there will be a class action suit if they renig. From Bohemia's website.

Attention season passholders

if you plan on using your pass at a reciprocal resort read below

The master list should get to the other ski resorts by December 13th so please do not show up before then.

Please bring your email pass receipt and picture ID

Be respectful of the ticketing people at all times!

bring our phone numbers 906 289 4105 and 906 360 7240 and use them if u have any problems

But at all times be respectful at these resorts or we will lose these privelages

I can't see mountains not accepting the reciprical days. If 500 people use it at a given resort that's a potential 1500 extra skier visits spread over an entire season. Many will spend on F and B, and many will be exploring new resorts for the first time, hopefully to return. I do however think this may be a one season deal. I could see the cheap pass be not eligible for Freedom benefits in the future.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

Last edited:

dlague

Attorneys, because class action lawsuits result in a few dollars for the claimants and 100's of thousands of not millions for the attorneys. It is a racket. Like the attorneys using Google Earth to find hotels that are not meeting ADA requirements. Or sueing companies of all sizes for websites not meeting ADA rules.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

Attorneys, because class action lawsuits result in a few dollars for the claimants and 100's of thousands of not millions for the attorneys. It is a racket. Like the attorneys using Google Earth to find hotels that are not meeting ADA requirements. Or sueing companies of all sizes for websites not meeting ADA rules.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
ADA, American Dental Association? Just kidding, I caught a little of the 60 minutes piece, wacky.

BenedictGomez

I can't believe this deal went to litigation as someone complained the ski free ticket wasn't actually free. I'd be surprised if they continued with this program as it only became a 2.2 million dollar headache.

Yet another disgraceful lawsuit.