• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing with toddlers this weekend

petergriffen

Hi all

my 3 and 4 year old want to ski this weekend, they are still just barely learning we are still using ropes with them. Is anyone got any easy terrain open? jay?

drjeff

Hi all

my 3 and 4 year old want to ski this weekend, they are still just barely learning we are still using ropes with them. Is anyone got any easy terrain open? jay?

This time of year finding terrain that would suit your kids, and stay suitable for more than an hour or so is by far and away is going to be a challenge

BenedictGomez

Can little kids ski in slushy snow? I have no idea, but it seems like that might be a chore on weak muscles.

cdskier

Sugarbush will have Snowball and Spring Fling open this weekend

I wouldn't recommend them for 3 and 4 year olds under spring conditions though. Generally speaking late spring isn't a good time to look for beginner terrain anywhere. Even with greens or blues open, they ski very different in the spring than in mid-winter and may not be something beginners can handle once everything starts to soften and bump up.

WWF-VT

I wouldn't recommend them for 3 and 4 year olds under spring conditions though. Generally speaking late spring isn't a good time to look for beginner terrain anywhere. Even with greens or blues open, they ski very different in the spring than in mid-winter and may not be something beginners can handle once everything starts to soften and bump up.

I saw a few snow plowing little kids a couple of weeks ago, I am not sure of the ability of the OP's kids but it could be too challenging

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Very bad idea. Not enough slope for lower level skiers. If kids fall they'll get muddy and dirty and miserable. It's better to not go this weekend, the risk of having a bad time is too great, then they'll be turned off of skiing forever.

Sons of Thunder

I'm going to Mt St Sauveur tomorrow. They'll have green and blue trails open, although you do need to take a chair to get up there. Kids 12 and under are free so that helps, but my daughter is 8 and can get on a chair no problem. 3 and 4yos might have trouble..

MG Skier

My guess is that Jay will have the Jet and maybe the Haynes open according to the last photo on the website. Not a good place for the kiddos. Pretty Steep.

steamboat1

This picture was taken Sat. at K. Poster said the kid is 2 1/2.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Never%20too%20young.jpg
    Never%20too%20young.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 357

xwhaler

My son turned 3 in Early Feb and can wedge down some gentle green terrain. I'm surprised that 2.5 y/o is using poles so young.
My little guy probably won;t use them for a couple more seasons I'm thinking.
Seems its one more thing (2 more things) to get in the way and for them to focus on when the basic concepts of balance, edge control, and knee/body positioning should be prioritized at that stage/age.

dlague

My son turned 3 in Early Feb and can wedge down some gentle green terrain. I'm surprised that 2.5 y/o is using poles so young.
My little guy probably won;t use them for a couple more seasons I'm thinking.
Seems its one more thing (2 more things) to get in the way and for them to focus on when the basic concepts of balance, edge control, and knee/body positioning should be prioritized at that stage/age.

My kids really did not start using poles until about 7 or 8.