• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skinning at closed resorts?

KWRio23

Hey guys,

The snowpack is still pretty decent up north, and mountains are shutting down with most of their terrain still in play. I'm thinking of taking the splitboard and skinning up one of them this weekend. Is that kosher? Any tips/advice about places to avoid, or places that are explicitly OK with it? Thoughts in general?

Thanks so much!
-- Rio

Cannonball

In general, the less you advertise that you are going to do it at a specific resort on a specific day the more kosher it becomes. The resort that I have skinned up the most times is the only one I know that has an explicit 'no skinning' policy. Yet I've never had an issue.

I suggest just keeping it under your hat, be discrete, don't leave trash, don't F-up the trails or infrastructure, don't get hurt, and have FUN. Follow those guidelines along with other common sense and you'll be good.

catsup948

Stay out of the way. Park out of the way but don't hide. Act like you know what you are doing. I personally don't linger at the base, I like to relax at the top.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk