• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow totals

Greg

Staff member
I don't think I ever had 2 inches of measurable snow. I'm sure more than 2" fell, but it seemed to continually pack and melt (from above and below probably). Over an inch and a half though.

wa-loaf

Lots of big flakes coming down here. It's been going for an hour and just now starting to show on the lawn.

tcharron

Close to dumping near Crotched right now. Prolly wont last long, but like 1" on the ground right now.

Tin

It's pouring rain and 30mph winds in RI but the field in Foxboro 25 miles up the road is covered in white.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Been snowing here in Lex for a while now I guess; I just got out of the basement to find the yard entirely covered. bummer that it's gonna warm tomorrow. Get that ground frozen, for a good setup.

Feels like we fast-forwarded 1 month or 200 miles north!

polski

Website
twitter.com
blows my mind to think we could have measurable accumulations in the flatlands tonight!

"Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. "

Now NWS is saying 1" in much of Mass., 1 to 3 in northern Worcester County. I drove from NYC to N of Boston this evening and there was moderate to sometimes heavy snow from northeastern CT (starting about half an hour outside Hartford on 84) the whole rest of the way back. Back home now and my lawn is white for the second time in three days. In MID-OCTOBER. This is nuts.