• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboarder hits kid, kids father punches snowboarder (video)

MadMadWorld

The irony here is that you or anyone else in this thread couldn't even dream of skiing that terrain in those conditions even half as well! Anyone attempting to ski that snow at that speed with their weight centered would be replacing their teeth, face, or worse.

Lol you have never seen me ski and to be honest I'm sure plenty of people could have skied that section as well if not better. It really wasnt that difficult of a section. Just saying that if you nitpick someone about pole planting you better be able to back it up yourself. You obviously are a good skier but you definitely have your own flaws.

Highway Star

Lol you have never seen me ski and to be honest I'm sure plenty of people could have skied that section as well if not better. It really wasnt that difficult of a section. Just saying that if you nitpick someone about pole planting you better be able to back it up yourself. You obviously are a good skier but you definitely have your own flaws.

LOL.....noob.

Highway Star

Seriously....?

Lately, I have been having to work a lot on my technique in tight trees and other narrow chutes. What advice do you guys have?

When I ski, I try to look at only the spaces in between the trees and when I get in a tight spot I find that it's important to always keep your skis moving, even if it's just a side slip as odd as that might sound.
For me it's a few things:

From a technical standpoint, I always seem to fall on to the habit of being in the backseat when skiing a fast/icy bump line. Most of the time I don't even realize what I am doing until I get launched in the air ackwardly because I was too far back.

My other bad habit is taking off my ski boots at lunch. I dont know why I can't just unbuckle them like everyone else. And it's always such an inconvenience to get them back on.

I know everyone has something so share!

Seriously............beat it, noob.

WoodCore

The irony here is that you or anyone else in this thread couldn't even dream of skiing that terrain in those conditions even half as well! Anyone attempting to ski that snow at that speed with their weight centered would be replacing their teeth, face, or worse.

;-)

Savemeasammy

:popcorn:

Brad J

Not to be a downer , but back to the thread , It is clear that the snowboarder was not in control, because if he was he would have done two things. stopped, or really crazy gone to the right of the dad. with that said it was not the place for the dad and his son to stop, and for the dad not looking up the slope. The dad was totally wrong with his response. and should step up and do some explaining why he should not be charged with assault and battery. The snow boarder was concerned and polite after the collision , he certainly wasn't totally negligent just needs to work on his skills.

Savemeasammy

There are lots of people commenting on where dad and kid were stopped. As someone who skis with a 6 year old child, I am happy to share this well kept secret with you: sometimes kids stop in random places. And sometimes they crash. For no reason. ;) It may have not have been the ideal spot to be stopped, but their location wasn't particularly relevant. They were in plain view and should have been easily avoided by someone traveling in a reasonable fashion on a busy trail. As a dad, I would have been pretty upset, but I like to think that the rider's remorseful reaction would have tempered my reaction. My kid would also have received a lecture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twinplanx

" I want my $2".

Best John Cussaic movie ever.

Thats, Better Off Dead, I've seen that one. Hot Dog The Movie, has bobbies within the first 15 minutes and a wet t-shirt contest that turns into full frontal nudity not much after. I only got through about 1/3rd on my phone. Will probably watch the rest later. There must have been some reason my parents never rented this one from the video store...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

twinplanx

Oh and you all the angry dad's, watch the video again. Douche dad clearly says "you took out my SON" a lot of you keep referring to "the daughter" and it's getting annoying After the punch the child starts screaming like a girl. So your confusion is excusable, but I wonder what else your missing...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

thetrailboss

Staff member
Actually some pretty decent turns on what looks like some variable heavy snow.

:lol:
I could ski it better, but then again, I'm the best skier on the mountain. :daffy:

No, no. The quote is "ready to go, right? I'm the best fuc&*ng skier on this Goddamn mountain! Watch me rip this shit!" :lol:

And beware: that is the "Biggest Cliff in the East". :roll:

dlague

Are sure that you tag name shouldn't be High Horse! Shit is getting deep! May you should ski with guy and learn a thing or two!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1386728095.457996.jpg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...ch?v=fh2C_6gQD-c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bene288

H.S. doesn't have to worry about floppy poles... :stirpot:

P2210008.jpg

Good reception on those things?