• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So tell me about Plattekill....

twinplanx

Explain please..

PoPo=5.0=the fuzz=the police(not the band)

With all the love Platty is getting here prehaps we could set up a carpooling thread for us flatlanders...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

dmc

Drive the speed limit in the town and you'll have no issues..

I think Plattekill needs some buses from NYC now..
All the Belleayre traffic heading that way now..

Cornhead

I say we all go there for the first Powder Daize this year. I think it's been awhile since they've had one. Did they have any last year? I'm pretty sure 2011 was a bust. It must be fun, I can't believe there would be as many people there as there is on a weekend.

dmc

Powder Daize is SICK!!!

I'd be into renting the joint out for the day...

ScottySkis

I say we all go there for the first Powder Daize this year. I think it's been awhile since they've had one. Did they have any last year? I'm pretty sure 2011 was a bust. It must be fun, I can't believe there would be as many people there as there is on a weekend.

2 winters ago they had one and it was a great day.

twinplanx

I grew up in Centereach and went to high school their. Haven't been back in years. Well I could meet people by Kingston NY for Platty day.

For some reason I remember you mentioning that you were from Centereach, hence my lol ;-)
Kingston would be a cool spot to meet up...

ScottySkis

For some reason I remember you mentioning that you were from Centereach, hence my lol ;-)
Kingston would be a cool spot to meet up...

I miss the beach easy access, you go to Smiths Point at all?

Kingston is about an hour to Platty FYI.

twinplanx

Yup, Smith Point is right down the road from me :) For the first time in many years I do not have 4x4 I needed a new vehicle this Spring and the beach was in bad shape. I really didn't think they would open the Outer Beach this year, but they did. Out of all the places the Suffolk County Outer Beach Permit gives you access to, Smith Point is my favorite by far. It ain't cheap to live here, but our beaches are World Class.

ScottySkis

Yup, Smith Point is right down the road from me :) For the first time in many years I do not have 4x4 I needed a new vehicle this Spring and the beach was in bad shape. I really didn't think they would open the Outer Beach this year, but they did. Out of all the places the Suffolk County Outer Beach Permit gives you access to, Smith Point is my favorite by far. It ain't cheap to live here, but our beaches are World Class.

I don't miss the rent although that was my dad paid that I was 18 when we left the Island. I do miss the beaches that was my part of living their.

BenedictGomez

There have been certain days at Platty where it felt like I did rent out the mountain. One Friday a fews years back I recall as being particularly remarkable.

ScottySkis

image1.jpg
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::-D:snow::snow::snow:

ScottySkis

http://plattekill.com/winter/plattekill-discount-days

discount days from their website:
[h=2]lattekill Discount Days[/h]

...BUY your Tickets, Rentals, Learn to Ski or Snowboard Packages and more ontine and SAVE!
CLICK TO BUY NOW!

________________________________________________________________________________

$20 LIFT TICKETS FOR ALL SKIERS AND RIDERS Jan 29, 30, 31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2014 Skier and Rider Appreciation Days!
________________________________________________________________________________

lssm_sm.jpg

Discounts off Learn to Ski & Snowboard Packages
AVAILABLE on SELECT DAYS in JANUARY (NON-HOLIDAY)
details coming soon...​
* These discounts are not available at the mountain.

15_tickets.jpg
January 10, 2014 (1st 50 skiers/riders)
February 7, 2014
(1st 50 skiers/riders)
March 7, 2014
(1st 50 skiers/riders)
pb_logo_together.jpg

- See more at: http://plattekill.com/winter/plattekill-discount-days#sthash.s9ojz9qf.dpuf

ScottySkis

35$ early season lift tickets rates to December 22: potter brothers has flex and discount tickets for Platty and several other hills.