• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So wheres everyone getting a pass next year?

AdironRider

Now that Im coming back to the East coast its time to start thinking about where Im going to ride next year.

Right now, Cannon is at the top of my list as I just plain love the place. Learned how to ride there, the tram wouldnt make me miss Jackson to badly, and the overall vibe is just plain cool. Sure there are better mountains out there in terms of snowfall, but the place has got the steeps and its got the vibe Im looking for.

If I end up in Maine, it would almost definately be the Boyne pass to Sunday River/Loaf, but Sunday River just doesnt have the terrain Im looking for, and the loaf is always a tough day trip from anywhere. They do have some nice terrain though. And you cant really beat the length of season you get with the Boyne pass. Late October to early May in a crappy snow year is two months more lift served than I get in Jackson. Thats nice. Im really open to anything, perhaps a Wildcat pass? VT hills are pretty much to far out for me realistically, and outside of Stowe and Jay I dont really care for em. The bush is decent, but not as great as people make it out to be, and Mt. Snow is just not my cup of tea.

So what say you, where are you throwing down coin to ski next year. Realistically Im going to ride 60-70 days next winter, I want something thats going to keep me happy. Ive been gone for three years, whos serving up the goods, and who's falling downhill? Dont mention Kmart, theyre a decent hill and all, but Im not going to give Jackson level money to that junkshow.

eatskisleep

Now that Im coming back to the East coast its time to start thinking about where Im going to ride next year.

Right now, Cannon is at the top of my list as I just plain love the place. Learned how to ride there, the tram wouldnt make me miss Jackson to badly, and the overall vibe is just plain cool. Sure there are better mountains out there in terms of snowfall, but the place has got the steeps and its got the vibe Im looking for.

If I end up in Maine, it would almost definately be the Boyne pass to Sunday River/Loaf, but Sunday River just doesnt have the terrain Im looking for, and the loaf is always a tough day trip from anywhere. They do have some nice terrain though. And you cant really beat the length of season you get with the Boyne pass. Late October to early May in a crappy snow year is two months more lift served than I get in Jackson. Thats nice. Im really open to anything, perhaps a Wildcat pass? VT hills are pretty much to far out for me realistically, and outside of Stowe and Jay I dont really care for em. The bush is decent, but not as great as people make it out to be, and Mt. Snow is just not my cup of tea.

So what say you, where are you throwing down coin to ski next year. Realistically Im going to ride 60-70 days next winter, I want something thats going to keep me happy. Ive been gone for three years, whos serving up the goods, and who's falling downhill? Dont mention Kmart, theyre a decent hill and all, but Im not going to give Jackson level money to that junkshow.

I've been a Wildcat passholder for probably about 7 or so years, it can really be hit or miss (but usually hit), but when the Cat gets the snow, the woods are great. Still doesn't compare to VT skiing though. If you like the vibe at Cannon you'll find a very similar vibe at Wildcat. Great spring skiing too, and for the third year in a row they have had the longest season. Also if you like the style of skiing at Cannon (bumps/woods) don't forget about MRG; although a lot harder to get to than Cannon (from Boston area anyways) it is a great mountain with a good group of skiers.

Another thing to consider is if they really do put a lift up Mittersill this summer like they claim, the place will be even more of a zoo than it is currently...

Not sure if I am going to get a pass next year or not just becasue I am going to London from March-May for school, so I'll be missing a good chunk of the ski season. But who knows...

I still managed to find some powder there even in this drought of a season :) :
4397366584_4b3598e30a_o.jpg

Last edited:

Skimaine

Definitely purchasing a Boyne Pass. Likely a Silver Pass to save some $'s. However, after enjoying first tracks at the AZ summit, we spring for the gold.

WJenness

I'm 95% in for the Boyne pass again next year.

Likely Silver, but possibly gold. Gotta check out the blackout dates.

I've had a WaWa pass the past few years, but I'm going to skip that next year unless my life changes in some drastic manner. I only made it to Wa twice this winter.

-w

abc

Never got a pass anywhere. Not planning to next season either, yet.

But... I might be moving to some place closer to the snow. If that happens, it'll change... ;)

Zand

Wachusett bronze, Burke Kingdom Pass, Triple Major pass. $209+$199+$269= $677 for 5 mountains.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I enjoyed being pass free this year and following the goods. Pre-purchasing vouchers presented some difficulties due it being a bad snow year and not a lot of powder days, so I didn't use many of my vouchers until spring and then there was no spring snow in VT so I ended up burning a few of my vouchers on very sub-par days. But I realize I would have skied a lot more if the season had even been average, so I am going to stick with my strategy of skiing cheap, lots of discounts and deals, and pre-purchasing vouchers to my favorite mountains. My season would have really sucked if I had a Jay pass again this year and would have had to watch so many storms miss that I wouldn't be able to follow for fear of losing money on my pass.

wa-loaf

The Mighty Wachusett! My season will probably run a lot like this year. Lots of night skiing at WA and a couple days with the kids. Chase a few storms if possible. 1 trip out west and if there is another AZ Summit I'll try to make it.

drjeff

Already got about 10 days on my '10-11 Mount Snow pass. Bought it BEFORE they announced their closing date for this past season (which was a week or two earlier than expected) and I was totally cool with that, even though earlier in the year that dropped some hints that weather and conditions dependent that they might go deep into April