• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So wheres everyone getting a pass next year?

RustyGroomer

Magic! Had my pass more than paid off by January 1st. 7 ski days is the break even point. No brainer.

RustyGroomer

if i lived an hour closer i'd be all over a magic pass next season....

Do what we do. Rent a house for the season with a bunch of friends. All split up it's surprisingly affordable. We have skiers from CT, NJ, MA all in our place. Plus it's quite fun!

gmcunni

Do what we do. Rent a house for the season with a bunch of friends. All split up it's surprisingly affordable. We have skiers from CT, NJ, MA all in our place. Plus it's quite fun!

if i had a wife that skied I'd be all over a seasonal rental near Magic.

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
Even if that were true, it's kinda like saying you prefer Mohawk over Sundown due to its elevation advantage....

It is true that Mohawk has a steeper run. Sure it's not as long as Gunbarrel but it's steeper.
Length of season matters.
Sundowns biggest advantage is the fact that they have a Bar, and yes maybe the bumps too. They could work on getting a hottie or two behind the bar in my opinion. :beer:
I will weigh my options between the two when the time comes. :fangun:
But if The Ridge opens again with "INSANE TERRAIN" there is no doubt my nephew will make me go to the place with the halfpipe.
I did like the quarter pipe thing Sundown had at sundown at the end of the season.

AdironRider

Cannon's NH resident pass has to be one of the best values for the money for the terrain they offer. The front four as well as the tram is a hard package to beat in the northeast. If only tramline was open more often.

Im trying to convince myself that Id enjoy the Boyne pass, but I know that Id be happy with a Cannon pass, so Im going to go that route and pay the early and late season rates at the Riv/Loaf. Hopefully Ill make a trip or two up there midseason and get a proper tour of the place to see if its worth the additional 350 bones for a gold pass. Nice aspect of the Cannon pass is the deal is good until December

Vortex

Cannon's NH resident pass has to be one of the best values for the money for the terrain they offer. The front four as well as the tram is a hard package to beat in the northeast. If only tramline was open more often.

Im trying to convince myself that Id enjoy the Boyne pass, but I know that Id be happy with a Cannon pass, so Im going to go that route and pay the early and late season rates at the Riv/Loaf. Hopefully Ill make a trip or two up there midseason and get a proper tour of the place to see if its worth the additional 350 bones for a gold pass. Nice aspect of the Cannon pass is the deal is good until December

Not being Rude. Are you a college student? they have a good college pass at Boyne. The cannon in state deal is good. I looked at that before.

AdironRider

No, Im 25, sure wish I could still qualify for the college deals. I had passes to Whiteface, Gore, Cannon, Loon, Waterville, Gunstock, and Cranmore throughout my college career for the same price as the Cannon NH pass these days. The girl, since she will be going back to school, will qualify again. Lucky her!

Last edited:

mthebby

I bought the Midweek Super Pass that's good at Sunapee, Okemo and Stratton. I've never skied any of them, but I figure with all that terrain I'm bound to find something I like.

:spread:

bigbog

Beats me, but at least I'll be able to afford one...lol....but if there were sufficient depth this last winter I would've skinned up off-resort a lot more. Have tried to get over to Kmart but the certification classes + work have eaten up time.

LaneMeyer

I bought "Sunday" passes for the family at Stratton for next season. We will only have to go 3 times for them to pay for itself, but I think we will go every Sunday we can. We have a busy family schedule and Sundays are pretty much our only free days. I could never justify a "full" season pass for anywhere right now.
I figure on Stratton's blackout dates, we will probably go to Bromley or (hopefully) Sugarbush or Jay.

roark

I bought "Sunday" passes for the family at Stratton for next season. We will only have to go 3 times for them to pay for itself, but I think we will go every Sunday we can. We have a busy family schedule and Sundays are pretty much our only free days. I could never justify a "full" season pass for anywhere right now.
I figure on Stratton's blackout dates, we will probably go to Bromley or (hopefully) Sugarbush or Jay.

or (hopefully) Magic. ;-)

Seriously, check it out. The kids will love it.

Rambo

Bought seasons pass to Greek Peak (central NY) for $299. the lowest price.

Will supplement that with some early-mid April skiing next spring at Hunter, Belleayre or Windham.

Now that the JOKE of a "Beast" is adverstising "Early November to early May" skiing but they really mean Mid November to Mid April, which is the same length of season Hunter usually has... I hope the Catskill areas can take on the Beast and attract more skiers because of their much more reasonable priced lift tickets and closer drive for most people.

LaneMeyer

or (hopefully) Magic. ;-)

Seriously, check it out. The kids will love it.

I went to Magic about a month and a half ago with one of my daughters and my nephew and we had a great day. I was considering a pass to Magic for the family, but we really only have Sundays free. I like the idea of not being too tied down to one area for a season.

roark

^^^ np Lane, since you mentioned the other places in that area thought I'd throw it in :)