• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So wheres everyone getting a pass next year?

deadheadskier

Staff member
DHS... why not go for Cannon or Wildcat (heck, or even Sunday River) if bumps are important? I just don't see a place like Ragged going for bumps due to the request of one pass holder. Unless you can find an organized group of passholders like the Sundown crew, I can't imagine you are going to get my traction as an individual passholder... especially when the precedent has been set despite having expressed your concerns. Cannon is only an extra half hour up the road, Cat has got to be pretty similar to Cannon for you if not closer, right? More expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for.

Cannon does indeed still offer Tues and Thurs 2fers and Weds NH deals. Prices have gone up a bit though.

It's really a matter of convenience and price. I do like that Ragged is a half hour closer than Cannon and actually about 45 minutes closer than Wildcat. At $329, I don't have a lot of room to complain. The $150 savings over the Cannon pass translates to 4-5 days elsewhere.

Boyne pass might get a look from me in the future. Gunstock is more likely if I move to Dover as planned.

Ultimately, wherever I get a pass will be for only about 50% of my season. This year I skied 14 days at Ragged and 12 at other mountains.

arik

I think I will get an X2 card at Stratton and also do lots of 1/2 days at Berkshire east again this year
One Mount Snow gets the West Lake water up and running then I will buy a pass at Mount Snow again (i.e. next year)

BackLoafRiver

Going for the Silver New England Pass again before the end of the week although I still wrestle with the idea of a Saddleback pass. Who knows...maybe if I hit the jackpot I can afford both :wink:

Riverskier

Going for the Silver New England Pass again before the end of the week although I still wrestle with the idea of a Saddleback pass. Who knows...maybe if I hit the jackpot I can afford both :wink:

Silver New England again for me too. Hopefully Saddleback continues with the $35 lift tickets for passholders from other mountains. Only made it once this season, but loved it and hope to get in a couple more days up there next year.

Bostonian

Wa Bronze (Most likely ... depending if I end up buying a house in Acton and/or stay in Waltham).

I wish Waterville and Cannon had a pass for NON-College students for both mountains. That would be great. I think I may go with the Boyne New England pass... We shall see.

snowmonster

I'm definitely getting a silver New England pass. Still skiing on this year's pass and am already looking forward to making turns in October. Aside from the long season and dependable snow, I'm impressed with how management goes out of its way to treat its customers very well (e.g., early ski and breakfasts, free Sox tickets). For someone who lives in Boston, it's a great combo with Loon just up the highway if you're too lazy to drive to Maine, Sunday River for early season and Sugarloaf for late season. The pass also gets good deals for resorts out west -- Crystal, Big Sky, Brighton, etc.

I may skip the Wachusett bronze pass. Great deal but I can't seem to get out of work early enough on weekdays. I'd rather save the money and put it into a trip out west again!