• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stenger and Quiros Ousted from Management of Jay Peak and Burke

VTKilarney

Still employed.

To be fair, I haven't heard of anyone complaining that Stenger's kids are poor at their jobs. While they certainly benefited from nepotism, they don't appear to have done any actual damage. Little Ary is in a whole different boat.

ScottySkis

Maybe today be good time to end this depression threads and start a positive one now officially q family is gone.I f feel everyone pain and get it totally maybe Lasszo will buy Burke .

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

yeggous

To be fair, I haven't heard of anyone complaining that Stenger's kids are poor at their jobs. While they certainly benefited from nepotism, they don't appear to have done any actual damage. Little Ary is in a whole different boat.

Any update on whether the kids are okay? It's true that I haven't heard anything negative about them. No need to punish them for the sins of their father. On the other hand, Ary has plenty of his own sins.

tumbler

They will probably resign at somepoint soon. Hard to be respected by your peers when your father is running a Ponzi scheme and ruins the company. It's too bad if they are innocent but it is guilt by association.

AdironRider

They will probably resign at somepoint soon. Hard to be respected by your peers when your father is running a Ponzi scheme and ruins the company. It's too bad if they are innocent but it is guilt by association.

I always thought the saddest part of the Madoff scheme was the end result on his kids. I think 2 of them have committed suicide. I don't know if they knew or not, I was under the impression they weren't, but it was a sad ending.

I personally hate how in crimes like this everyone assumes the whole family is in on it. Do you talk to your Dad about every business deal you are part of? Would you tell your kids you were running a ponzi scheme? Doubtful on both accounts.

thetrailboss

Staff member
13086845_1017751921652383_5256344102528566970_o.jpg

BenedictGomez

Whoever thought that, "Vermont was somehow above the corruption and sleazery of the rest of the country", is one naive millennial.

abc

I always thought the saddest part of the Madoff scheme was the end result on his kids. I think 2 of them have committed suicide. I don't know if they knew or not, I was under the impression they weren't, but it was a sad ending.

I personally hate how in crimes like this everyone assumes the whole family is in on it. Do you talk to your Dad about every business deal you are part of? Would you tell your kids you were running a ponzi scheme? Doubtful on both accounts.
I'm a little less charitable. I think the kids at least suspected that. You can't work in your Dad's company without paying attention to how the business is REALLY doing.

If I were a trader and my trades and the rest of the desk was losing money, but the overall portfolio was declaring profit, I'd love to find out where the huge profit is coming from, because I want to be working there! And if I'm the son of the owner, I'd ask Dad if I can spend some time working in the profitable part of the company so I learn what works.

But if I talk to the traders in that supposedly "hugely profitable" department and they didn't make a killing, I'd be suspicious some foul play and let Dad know about it. What's Dad going to say? Not to worry? I got it under control, but I'm not letting you know my technique even though you'll be inheriting the business some day?

Though that doesn't mean they were in any position to change their Dad's mind on continuing the scheme. So in the eye of law, they would be innocent. Just not morally innocent because I think they knew.

It's hard to imagine how I feel if find out my family member/love one had broken the law and plan to continue doing so.

BenedictGomez

One of the common features of many Ponzi Schemes, is an almost totalitarian leader who is "strong" and maintains near complete control over everything, lots of micromanagement over financials, surrounding himself with either friendlies or yes men/women who do not question their "intelligent" and often charismatic leader.

River19

I commend Stenger on the size of his pair.......but I don't think there is enough lipstick to make this pig look pretty again.

VTKilarney

A quote from the new guy running Burke from today's Caledonian Record:
“Ary has agreed to leave our employment,” said Olson. “He left on very good terms. There was something I read today on Facebook that he left under guard and it didn’t happen. He’s been nothing but gracious with us. He’s giving us all the information we’re requiring - even volunteered to work for free to help solve the issues. And so, I think he’s been trying to do the right things. But that issue has also been taken care of.”

He volunteered to work for free?????? Do you think that he was just being charitable or did he want to be a fox in the henhouse? Either way, you know you aren't wanted when you offer to work for free and are still shown the door.