• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stoke: Valentine's day love...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
20070212-20070215.jpg

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Some specifics about the storm:

"A foot of snow had already fallen on December 22, 1969, but this was outdone by another storm system which began moving northward along the east coast Christmas night. On the morning of the 27th, with 18" already on the ground at Albany, the storm stalled off the New England coast. It then began to move inland for a short period before heading back out to sea on the 28th. A total of 26.7" of snow fell at Albany, the third greatest storm total on record. However, Vermont surpassed that, with 30" at Burlington and 44" at Waitsfield, southwest of Montpelier. In and around the Capital District, it was a heavy, wet snowfall, and the snow mixed with freezing rain at times. Snow removal became quite difficult, and some streets were not cleared for 3-4 weeks. The city of Albany public works continued round the clock snow removal for over a month before things returned near normal. Two million dollars were spent on snow removal, a record at the time. "

4aprice

Some specifics about the storm:

I was at Smugglers Notch (at that time Madonna Mt Ski Area) for that 1969 Christmas storm. 64" in 4 days. People couldn't get in or out of the village and we had the mountains almost to ourselves. A memory that will never fade.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I was at Smugglers Notch (at that time Madonna Mt Ski Area) for that 1969 Christmas storm. 64" in 4 days. People couldn't get in or out of the village and we had the mountains almost to ourselves. A memory that will never fade.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

those are the days I wish would last forever. I would love for a blocked in storm at Saddleback...