• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Speculation Thread - Saturday 25 Jan 2014

catsup948

http://www.mattnoyes.net/new_englan...to-new-england-saturday-afternoonevening.html

6a00d83451c01c69e201a3fca5324d970b-500wi

Any snow is good with me.

Woodford, VT will get 7 inches out of this I know it! Prospect Mountain is currently closed with a base of 0-2 inches! Bad for a place that averages 150-175 inches of snow a year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Friend tells me that Stowe is snowing at a good clip and they are around 4 inches of fluff now.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JDMRoma

Showed up at Cannon this morning at 7:30…Winds were Howling…..was told they had gust up to 60 mph at the summit ! Didn't think the tram would run so I parked at the Peabody lift……got inside and talked to a few peeps and was told that the Cannonball would most likely be on Wind hold…….so I picked up all my shit and RAN back to my car and Drove to BW.
Got to BW just after 8 and calm….no wind at all, suited up and hit the trails….everything was in great condition.
Wind did pick up around 10 but nothing serious and yes it started to snow…not much in the accumulation but still snowing when I left at 3.All trails skied really well, good coverage and more open trails……Lift lines not bad except near the base, outer lifts were pretty empty most of the day.
Looks like I will hit BW Again tomorrow unless the wind dies down, probably hit cannon on monday…….
Looks like Cannon was getting more snow driving through the notch…….hopefully the wind didn't blow it all off

Crazy Windy there…….

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
Showed up at Cannon this morning at 7:30…Winds were Howling…..was told they had gust up to 60 mph at the summit ! Didn't think the tram would run so I parked at the Peabody lift……got inside and talked to a few peeps and was told that the Cannonball would most likely be on Wind hold…….so I picked up all my shit and RAN back to my car and Drove to BW.
Got to BW just after 8 and calm….no wind at all, suited up and hit the trails….everything was in great condition.
Wind did pick up around 10 but nothing serious and yes it started to snow…not much in the accumulation but still snowing when I left at 3.All trails skied really well, good coverage and more open trails……Lift lines not bad except near the base, outer lifts were pretty empty most of the day.
Looks like I will hit BW Again tomorrow unless the wind dies down, probably hit cannon on monday…….
Looks like Cannon was getting more snow driving through the notch…….hopefully the wind didn't blow it all off

Crazy Windy there…….

I did the same thing except I didn't even bother stopping at cannon. The wind coming up though the notch was ridiculous and there website said it was going to get worse as the day went on. It was my first time at BW but it was fun! Seemed like things softened up later in the day too with some nice snow along the tree lines.

JDMRoma

I did the same thing except I didn't even bother stopping at cannon. The wind coming up though the notch was ridiculous and there website said it was going to get worse as the day went on. It was my first time at BW but it was fun! Seemed like things softened up later in the day too with some nice snow along the tree lines.

Guess I was Hell Bent on skiing Cannon again, last weekend was Great. Conditions were pretty Good at BW, I will head there again tomorrow …hope they pick up some fresh overnight.

Should be a cold one…..good test of the cold weather gear !

WJenness

Guess I was Hell Bent on skiing Cannon again, last weekend was Great. Conditions were pretty Good at BW, I will head there again tomorrow …hope they pick up some fresh overnight.

Should be a cold one…..good test of the cold weather gear !

I ended up going to Cannon yesterday with some friends... All the lifts were turning and it was a very nice day... They were also POUNDING out the snow making.

Some of the main thoroughfares got pretty scrapped off late in the day, but everything off of Zoomer was still skiing well and the upper mountain wasn't bad either. The woods look close...

JDMRoma

I ended up going to Cannon yesterday with some friends... All the lifts were turning and it was a very nice day... They were also POUNDING out the snow making.

Some of the main thoroughfares got pretty scrapped off late in the day, but everything off of Zoomer was still skiing well and the upper mountain wasn't bad either. The woods look close...

I went to Cannon again today, parking lot at the tram was Blowing big time….guy came out to the parking lot as I was pulling in and was told no tram and Very windy up top…….just kept on going up to BW and got the text around 9:50 that they closed for the day……good choice for me not hanging around but I really wanted to ski Cannon.
My days are not cycling correctly…….

MadMadWorld

I've heard from multiple sources that there are a few tree shots that skied very good on Sunday. Just gotta know where all the snow blew.

WJenness

I've heard from multiple sources that there are a few tree shots that skied very good on Sunday. Just gotta know where all the snow blew.

Yep... I saw more than a couple sets of tracks in a few places... I stayed out of the woods though, having never skied at Cannon before, I didn't know what was lurking in any of the trees.

MadMadWorld

Yep... I saw more than a couple sets of tracks in a few places... I stayed out of the woods though, having never skied at Cannon before, I didn't know what was lurking in any of the trees.

I haven't skied there in years but I plan on going up this Sunday to meet up with a few AZers and hopefully get shown around. If you make a trip shoot me a message

Tin

Next Tuesday and Wednesday?

Seeing 3-5" for most places in NH and VT for Saturday afternoon/night.