• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe or Mt Ellen Tomorrow (Thursday)?

WWF-VT

Thursday, March 20th - 1:50 PM

Heavens Gate is listed as open but how the heck are you supposed to get there?

Bail Out from Castlerock. If you are already there you just keep lapping the HG chair assuming that once you go to the base you're not coming back.

WWF-VT

Thursday, March 20th - 1:50 PM

*** Super Bravo and Northridge lifts are on windhold. ***

Valley House & Inverness chairs are listed as closed.

Update:

Thursday, March 20th - 2:45 PM

*** North Lynx is on windhold. ***

Heavens Gate is listed as open but how the heck are you supposed to get there?

Why do you feel obligated to update us on the lift status at Sugarbush? It's windy and there are windholds and it only matters if you are at the mountain and not sitting on your computer posting in a ski forum.

abc

Why do you feel obligated to update us on the lift status at Sugarbush? It's windy and there are windholds and it only matters if you are at the mountain and not sitting on your computer posting in a ski forum.
Sour grapes syndrome perhaps? ;)

I was at Sugarbush north. Wind only came up late in the day. North Ridge triple was halted for a while mid-afternoon (2-3?) but then re-started after 3. Bottom lift was super windy too but that kept on running. The Summit quad wasn't too windy for the most part, except after 3pm, at which point it was stop-n-go quite a bit. By then, my legs were close to done and I decided to call it a day with the good ending.

Snow condition at the top half of the mountain was FANTASTIC all day long! Not quite blower cold smoke but certainly not heavy (lower mountain was heavy though). When the wind came up in the afternoon, we got quite a lot of "powder re-fill" on selected trails. You just need to get lucky to find it, then lap it as long as your legs allow! :)

All in all, one of the best day I've had experienced in the northeast for quite some time.

Tomorrow is expected to be even better at Stowe (it was snowing big flakes the whole time on my drive from Sugarbush up to Waterbury). Can't wait! :D

HowieT2

Sour grapes syndrome perhaps? ;)

I was at Sugarbush north. Wind only came up late in the day. North Ridge triple was halted for a while mid-afternoon (2-3?) but then re-started after 3. Bottom lift was super windy too but that kept on running. The Summit quad wasn't too windy for the most part, except after 3pm, at which point it was stop-n-go quite a bit. By then, my legs were close to done and I decided to call it a day with the good ending.

Snow condition at the top half of the mountain was FANTASTIC all day long! Not quite blower cold smoke but certainly not heavy (lower mountain was heavy though). When the wind came up in the afternoon, we got quite a lot of "powder re-fill" on selected trails. You just need to get lucky to find it, then lap it as long as your legs allow! :)

All in all, one of the best day I've had experienced in the northeast for quite some time.

Tomorrow is expected to be even better at Stowe (it was snowing big flakes the whole time on my drive from Sugarbush up to Waterbury). Can't wait! :D

Glad to hear you had a good time. Tomorrow should be a powder day. Upslope special tonight. With any luck, you'll have 6"+ of Champlain blower pow tomorrow morning. Don't be concerned if there isn't anything in the valley or even at base elevation.

Cornhead

Glad you had good conditions at Mt Ellen. Have fun at Stowe tomorrow! Save some snow for me and Scotty. Looking forward to skiing with you again.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

abc

Glad to hear you had a good time. Tomorrow should be a powder day. Upslope special tonight. With any luck, you'll have 6"+ of Champlain blower pow tomorrow morning. Don't be concerned if there isn't anything in the valley or even at base elevation.
If there's ANY doubt of the upslope special, it's buried in the snow now!

I went in to take a shower before heading across the road for dinner. My car had already got in inch on it! Need to be super careful to drive that 1/4 mile back to the hotel when I finish dinner... the roads got a thick coat of snow on it and I can hardly see any lane marking or even edge marking!!!

HowieT2

If there's ANY doubt of the upslope special, it's buried in the snow now!

I went in to take a shower before heading across the road for dinner. My car had already got in inch on it! Need to be super careful to drive that 1/4 mile back to the hotel when I finish dinner... the roads got a thick coat of snow on it and I can hardly see any lane marking or even edge marking!!!

Get out there and git sum. Almost a foot last night.