• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

Edd

Last edited:

hovercraft

Cold all week. Have fun in JH my favorite mountain. Go to the gun barrel great food!

Tonyr

Stowe & Sugarbush are projected to get dumped on next weekend. Southern VT is getting just as much snow as up north, we are going to hit Magic on Saturday and Sunday for the first time in good conditions...

Screenshot_20220122-105040_Chrome.jpg

slatham

Yeah those pretty graphics are based on one run, of one model, the GFS no less. Sure, there is a signal for something happening. But to say it will benefit NE is a stretch. To claim it will snow 19" is fantasy.

To put this into more perspective, the GEFS has 21 different model runs. Only 1 shows the storm doing this. But since that is the "operational" run it's what the apps use.

Not saying it can't happen, just how dangerous these apps are, especially a week+ out.

Tonyr

Yeah those pretty graphics are based on one run, of one model, the GFS no less. Sure, there is a signal for something happening. But to say it will benefit NE is a stretch. To claim it will snow 19" is fantasy.

To put this into more perspective, the GEFS has 21 different model runs. Only 1 shows the storm doing this. But since that is the "operational" run it's what the apps use.

Not saying it can't happen, just how dangerous these apps are, especially a week+ out.
That's fine, it is what it is. I'd rather stay optimistic anyway! Our trip is planned so we are going no matter what happens with the snow. This Open Snow app has been pretty good the last 2 years I've used it. Maybe we don't get 18 inches but I'd be happy with 8.

Kingslug20

Some snow predicted for jh monday...and..if this dumo for the east comes about..i could be there monday..flying back saturday...so i could benefit...from the king slug effect...

Last edited:

NYDB

I think you (or someone else here) has said it before.

There is always a big storm a week + out on the GFS. Or it at least seems that way. Comes to fruition about 3% of the time

Kingslug20

Well...the conditions i left to go to jh...where better than conditions here...
Obviously the terrain here is killer..