• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

JimG.

Staff member
I'm going to let my wife decide weekends..we have an epic and ikon...
I'll be at SB, Stowe, Jay , and K during the week.
I've got the beast 365 with included Ikon base pass. $140 per month for me it's the ideal pass.
Want to get up to SB at least a half dozen times this coming winter.

Vter

Epic not.
Bring back the days of “ticket books” 1 ticket = 1 Ride !
2 or 3 Blankets on the single chair…back in the day when you could walk out to Mt. Road, stand there for less than 2 minutes and without putting your Thumb Out a cool person(s) would lift ya w/ “good conversation” to
The Hill !
(Forever great memories of Stowe)

They can cut it up & “Disneyland” the Hill, but the Mountain Range will remain with a bleeding hart 💔

WWF-VT

A limited number of parking season passes will go on sale at www.parkstowe.com/seasonparkingpass on Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 6 p.m. for $450. These passes are only available through ParkStowe.com on a first-come, first-served basis until they are sold out. While these passes do not guarantee a parking spot, they do provide value for our resort regulars who visit throughout the season.

Season parking pass that does not guarantee parking ? Please tell me more about the value they provide for Stowe resort regulars....

drjeff

A limited number of parking season passes will go on sale at www.parkstowe.com/seasonparkingpass on Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 6 p.m. for $450. These passes are only available through ParkStowe.com on a first-come, first-served basis until they are sold out. While these passes do not guarantee a parking spot, they do provide value for our resort regulars who visit throughout the season.

Season parking pass that does not guarantee parking ? Please tell me more about the value they provide for Stowe resort regulars....

I had one for Mount Snow last year (and bought one for this season too). The only day that all of the spaces were taken up that I (or in this case my wife) couldn't get a spot was when she went to show up in the prefered lot on the Saturday of MLK Weekend at about 11:30.

I realize the parking situation at Stowe and Mount Snow are different, however the limited number of parking passes they sold at Mount Snow last year, essentially wasn't an issue for getting a space all season long. I guess we'll see if something similar happens at Stowe this coming season.

The other thing is that the vast majority of the folks who buy a parking pass, are regulars, and most regulars tend to be at the mountain early, before the masses who may be buying a day parking pass show up

doublediamond

That at Snow was limited parking passes sold for limited spots in preferred lots.

This is a limited parking passes sold so you don’t have to pay the fees daily with no guarantee you get a spot. The main lot routinely fills up these days. Remember AIG ripped up half the lot capacity for Spruce Peak development and this was before Vail’s season pass price reduction.

They are not planning on leaving 50 spots available if they sell 50 parking passes. Else this would be offered as a parking pass to a preferred, segregated lot.

Apples. Oranges.

BenedictGomez

Let's do some math.

Pre-Vail a Stowe season pass was roughly $2,200 IIRC, but the mountain wasn't a total chaotic zoo.

Now it's only $879, but that's spurious as you're forced to buy a $450 parking pass = $1,329, but it's a total chaotic zoo.

The variance is $871 (even less if we include how much other costs like Food & Bevy have increased). Depending upon your financial means & how important skiing is to you, I'll bet there are many who'd prefer the "old" Stowe costing $871 more a year.

Granite1

Let's do some math.

Pre-Vail a Stowe season pass was roughly $2,200 IIRC, but the mountain wasn't a total chaotic zoo.

Now it's only $879, but that's spurious as you're forced to buy a $450 parking pass = $1,329, but it's a total chaotic zoo.

The variance is $871 (even less if we include how much other costs like Food & Bevy have increased). Depending upon your financial means & how important skiing is to you, I'll bet there are many who'd prefer the "old" Stowe costing $871 more a year.
I would prefer the old Stowe. I'd pay even more than the $871 a year. Same with Killington - or any other ski area for that matter.

cdskier

Let's do some math.

If you purchased early, the variance is only ~$500 (in 2016, the last year pre-Vail, the "early" price for a full season pass was $1860 if you purchased before early November).

And if you can't get one of the "limited" parking passes that are going to be sold, then the variance could shrink even more if you're forced to pay $30/day for parking.

And if you're a "local", the difference is really non-existent as Stowe had a "County" pass for ~$1300 that was valid 7 days a week other than a few holidays.

BenedictGomez

If you purchased early, the variance is only ~$500 (in 2016, the last year pre-Vail, the "early" price for a full season pass was $1860 if you purchased before early November).

And if you can't get one of the "limited" parking passes that are going to be sold, then the variance could shrink even more if you're forced to pay $30/day for parking.

And if you're a "local", the difference is really non-existent as Stowe had a "County" pass for ~$1300 that was valid 7 days a week other than a few holidays.

Thanks for that clarification, that to me makes it a no-brainer then. Reason #4,582 why Vail sucks.

KustyTheKlown

I would prefer the old Stowe. I'd pay even more than the $871 a year. Same with Killington - or any other ski area for that matter.

i dont think killington is so bad lately. by being a limited ikon partner it's handled the mega pass era pretty damn gracefully. i get my 5-7 days at K each season, and its invariably prime season weekends, and aside from the gondola and the 6-pack (which i tend to avoid anyway), lift lines really haven't been so bad. you do need to get there pretty early for primo parking at k1 or bear, I'll admit that much

mbedle

Stowe had multiple options for season passes for the 2016/17 season. Young Adult Pass (19-34), excluding holidays was only $599 early and $899 late. The Adult Full Pass was $1,860 early and $2,313 late. The Adult Pass excluding holidays was $1,668 early and $2,083 late. The three county resident pass, excluding holidays was $1,334 early and $1,668 late. The college pass (with not blackouts) was really cheap with full time students at $399 early and $499 late and part time students at $599 early and $749 late. A lot of these passes included the Mountain Collective pass. So with that said, for college people, locals and 18-34 crowd, the difference might be negative.

mbedle

Let's do some math.

100% agree with this.

hovercraft

Lots of people say they bought an Ikon pass this year. If that is the case SB could be a zoo this year….