• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

Kingslug20

Took the day off...but...parking weekdays is ok no matter what time you get there..it's never a far walk.
Weekends..get there early...but crowds don't form until around 10,1030.

SnowRock

My days at Stowe haven’t been great as I missed the good early season… but have the holiday week and one other weekend. I’d never seen less people at the mountain during that holiday week (about 10 years straight for me).

Town seemed pretty packed, but the mountain was empty and it was a sneaky decent couple days post Christmas before the torch.

That said, the “free lot” locations did create some strange traffic patterns that week. It’s really not a great spot for cars to stop and turn considering the carnage of Harlow hill on snow days regularly. It was a slog to that point and then empty past that. The “paid lot” was empty.

May try and get up next weekend. Had such snow envy last week, I booked a semi solo trip to Jackson feb 2 and need to stretch the legs again to maximize that trip time.

Kingslug20

All over park city are signs in big letters...that say
THIS IS YOUR MOUNTAIN
Well..if that where the case..parking would be free for ALL....