• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

Kingslug20

100 days...crap..ide be buying new skis every year now..I'm trying for 300 days..Although ski days..does not equate to hours skied...
Although my Head Kore 93s broke after 150 days...we'll see how the new improved ones do...

Last edited:

Edd

Although my Head Kore 93s broke after 150 days...we'll see how the new improved ones do...
I’ve mentioned previously I’d planned to replace my Kore 93s with Stormriders but had a change of heart. New boots made the Kores come alive again and I think the Kore design is more suited to me. They do have a lot of days on them though so planning on replacing them the newer version; I’ll be curious to hear how you like the new ones.

thebigo

100 days...crap..ide be buying new skis every year now..I'm trying for 300 days..Although ski days..does not equate to hours skied...
Probably average a pair a year, never new though, always demo. Some get far more than 100 days, some far less.

drjeff

Probably average a pair a year, never new though, always demo. Some get far more than 100 days, some far less.
My ski life expectancy is also a bit dependent on what type of snow I primarily use them on. My hard snow, front side carvers where I am really pressuring them, I would say that 100 day number is similar for me. My soft snow skis are probably in the 150-200 day range. Often though with my Quiver now at 9 pairs of skis (helps having my son these days skiing on ski lengths that I also use to augment my quiver selection for sure) I may end up replacing some with some life still left in them due to either the age of the bindings or there's just been enough progression in the design and construction of a particular style of ski that I want to upgrade. Or sometimes I just see a good price on a pair of demo skis from powder7.com that I can't resist!

KustyTheKlown

i dont think i get 100 days on a pair of skis. my skis get murdered by low tide eastern tree skiing every year. my western skis last longer, because i only use them 15-20 days a year, generally in very nice snow. my new fischer ranger 102s already look like total crap on the topsheets, and have a ding in the sidewall that concerns me.

im interested in the season nexus to replace my busted black crows corvus.

season is a newer company founded by eric pollard. they claim to be built to last. they also come with free yearly tunes and free anytime wax at evo locations. unfortunately no evo locations in the east, but plenty of easily accessible ones to lots of places i would be skiing out west.

i really like the black/minimal design, and this ski looks like a fun 106mm directional charger with a lil more play in it than i would typically ski.

season-nexus-skis-2023-.jpg

Kingslug20

The Head kores are a bit fragile..they don't have a real top sheet. They improved the design of the tails so they don't delaminate..I hope.
My Wagner customs have held up very well but I use them sparingly...they need to last.
The 118's got no use this year..I think the 105s are just as good..and have a tighter turn radius..
Maybe pull the 118s for slush surfing..

ThatGuy

My Enforcers have 150+ days on them and they look like it…probably going to need a new pair for next season but hate to spend the money.

Kingslug20

How are they in moguls..I need a ski for those icy days when the kores just aren't stiff enough...when liftline is shiny...

ThatGuy

I love them, great all-mountain ski. Little heavy for quick maneuvers but can still make do. Can really get on edge well with them too. They excel on Eastern hardpack days.

Smellytele

With the right tools..you can't screw up the edges...just leave the base edges alone..
Then a few times a season get a super tune to reset the base.
I just run the stone on the bottom to remove any burrs after filling the sides.
Olden days used to flat file the bottom but the way bases are now you can’t.

Edd

How are they in moguls..I need a ski for those icy days when the kores just aren't stiff enough...when liftline is shiny...
I ski the Laser AX which these replaced. Mine bite hard, and are pretty versatile as hard snow skis go, good in bumps.

KustyTheKlown

In a perfect world, I'd have an entire quiver of Kastle products! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

here's a screamin deal on the 116s, unfortunately i presume these are far too short for you, but maybe a nice pow ski for the missus

ThatGuy

Yeah Doc is ~6ft if I recall so thats a tad bit short. That is a great deal though…

snoseek

My Enforcers have 150+ days on them and they look like it…probably going to need a new pair for next season but hate to spend the money.
This is my ski as well. Bought em used off powder 7 and have put 150 or so days on them. I can't kill them. I'll keep trying but they still ski good.

ThatGuy

Mine are 93 wide, 185 length.
They’ve done me well in all conditions, even deep powder.

Kingslug20

Guy I skied with had them in 192 length..heavy as hell bit blew through the crud much better than me...
Would like to demo them