• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 12/14

xlr8r

Date 12/14/13
Conditions Machine Groomed, Paced Powder

Second day of my season and second ever visit to Stratton. Drove up in the morning after a late Friday attending the Trailer Par Boys Live Xmas show in Boston. Some trails had nice packed powder while others were pretty scraped. Anything steep was pretty scratchy so I stuck to the greens and blues saving the good stuff for tomorrow. The cold only got to me on long top to bottom runs in the snowbowl with my exposed nose forehead and cheeks (I typically stuck to skiing the pods and not top to bottom on the rest of the mountain), otherwise the temp was manageable. Started snowing after lunch so tomorrow should be great.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Thanks. I'll be interested in hearing from others how the dump helped them out. I'm a bit surprised to hear scratchy stuff given the amount of terrain they claim to have open.

Glenn

Thanks for the update. We were there last Sunday(12/8) and found it scratchy as well. It was also fairly busy...lots of skiers on the trail pushing around the snow. Hopefully, the fresh snow helped things along.