• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton cut season pass prices for 13-14

JFP

Significant price reduction in all catergories.. http://www.stratton.com/lift-tickets-and-passes/stratton-season-passes.aspx

I think the value pass for 12-13 was aprrox $650 (?), now down to $399. Wonder if/how this might impact other NE mountain pass prices.

I intermittently buy a pass for Strat as I live fairly close & I like the it the best of Okemo/Snow/Strat easy day trip options; I did this year & was thinking not for next year, but now might have to reconsider given these prices.

ScottySkis

Dam that cheap, great great price. I probably buy a pass for twice the money but the hill is only an 80 miles from were I live.

skisheep

Wow that's cheap, wonder why they cut it so much? I know people who are on the fence of buying a pass, they ski two or three weekends a year, and for $399 they probably will go for the value pass. I wonder if that's the group that they are trying to attract, in hopes that they then spend $$$ on mountain and in the village?

Whiteface didn't cut prices, but added Belleyare to the pass, so it's a net gain as far as I'm concerned. Should be intresting to see what others do, Hunter is the same as last year($800 for a full season, way too high in my opinion, a full season hunter is more than my ORDA 3 in 1) I don't think many others are out yet with their passes, should be in the next week or two.

-skisheep

-skisheep

stargazer781

That is a great price, but being the value pass means that there are blackout dates (during the holidays).
Gunstock is now offering their 2013-2014 pass for $399 with no blackout dates. Not the same kind of mountain as Stratton, but a good deal for day trippers from the Boston area. http://www.gunstock.com/winter/passes/

JFP

That is a great price, but being the value pass means that there are blackout dates (during the holidays).
Gunstock is now offering their 2013-2014 pass for $399 with no blackout dates. Not the same kind of mountain as Stratton, but a good deal for day trippers from the Boston area. http://www.gunstock.com/winter/passes/

Yep, the value is a blackout pass- but the midweek is down too; not sure about how much less the full pass is- but the full comes with 5 tickets each to tremblant, winterpark and steamboat... which makes it a decent deal if you can plan in trips west/north. Guess they will not have the Okemo/Sunapee/Strat pass this coming year. They also have a "20 something" pass- which seems like more and more mtns are doing. How long before Vail Resorts purchases something on the east coast?

Don't run into too many Bostonians at Strat.. mostly NYers. That's a fair/decent price for Gunstock .. My son had a race there this year so went for the first time- we definatley enjoyed.. generally to far for us/not worth it from SW NH- maybe if we (or someone we know) had a lakehouse.... Was interesting hearing from the locals about how its owned by the county- basically they 'get screwed' cause they don't get a discount (like they used too) but subsidize the resort- at least one guys take.

snowngr

They reason is they lost pass reciprocity with Okemo & Sunapee. They're now offering a pass on their own. I don't think Okemo passes are any cheaper but Stratton apparently thinks they're going to take a big hit.

tekweezle

You just need to ski about 6-10 days to break even. Full retail ticket is 87$.

However, it find out that it's actually cheaper to get tickets via Liftopia.

I am considering doing it but.... I just find too much skiing at Stratton to be.... boring...

Sent from a Samsung Fascinate running CM 10.1

drjeff

One of the most interesting things that I see that Stratton did with did with their passes for next year is how they handled their unrestricted kids prices and the new "needs help generation" 20 something passes. Stratton just decided that anyone age 7-29 pays the same price for an unrestricted pass ($599)

No annoying families with a 20 something pass being less than a youth pass

FRITOLAYGUY

You just need to ski about 6-10 days to break even. Full retail ticket is 87$.

However, it find out that it's actually cheaper to get tickets via Liftopia.

I am considering doing it but.... I just find too much skiing at Stratton to be.... boring...

I agree right now stratton is showing 70$ for a lift ticket and a rental on liftopia but for alot of the winter i saw 56$ on liftopia for just the lift ticket which isnt bad at all

thetrailboss

Staff member
They've been cutting pass prices and offering more options over the past few years. I remember when they were near the top of the market price-wise. I wonder if they are losing marketshare or are just trying to broaden their market. They were pretty exclusive for a while. I imagine that next year folks will be grumbling about the crowds...kind of like what happened with ASC and their passes.

tekweezle

87$ is still near the top of the market. I would hesitate to go to Stratton on a Saturday, it can be a zoo. I think they are feeling the general stagnation in the ski industry due to rising fuel costs and generally poor weather resulting in less skier visits. I think they were buoyed by the real estate market for a few years but now the playing field has leveled.

thetrailboss

Staff member
87$ is still near the top of the market. I would hesitate to go to Stratton on a Saturday, it can be a zoo. I think they are feeling the general stagnation in the ski industry due to rising fuel costs and generally poor weather resulting in less skier visits. I think they were buoyed by the real estate market for a few years but now the playing field has leveled.

Agree on all points. Agree also that their day ticket rate is high, but their season pass prices have been pretty low.

steamboat1

What's so low about an adult unrestricted pass being priced at $1199? Even Surgarbush's adult unrestricted pass is priced $150 less than Stratton's.

Sugarbush's Jr. & 20 something pass is also $100 cheaper coming in at $299.

tekweezle

The value pass is 399$. If you are going to do some late season turns, it could be worth it. Until 4–22

drjeff

What's so low about an adult unrestricted pass being priced at $1199? Even Surgarbush's adult unrestricted pass is priced $150 less than Stratton's.

Sugarbush's Jr. & 20 something pass is also $100 cheaper coming in at $299.

2nd adult unrestricted pass in the same family is $300 less than the 1st plus both get $100 in resort credit on their pass to use for mountain food + beverage + retail + ski school programs. Effectively its 2 adult unrestricted passes for $1800ish - a price that is very competitive for unrestriced major New England resorts

steamboat1

2nd adult unrestricted pass in the same family is $300 less than the 1st plus both get $100 in resort credit on their pass to use for mountain food + beverage + retail + ski school programs. Effectively its 2 adult unrestricted passes for $1800ish - a price that is very competitive for unrestriced major New England resorts

So basically the only difference is $200 in resort credit being Sugarbush's adult passes are already $150 less. 2 X's $150 = $300. I'd much rather be skiing Sugarbush than Stratton for an entire season.

edit: That $100 resort credit is only good for under 30. That leaves me out.

Last edited:

drjeff

So basically the only difference is $200 in resort credit being Sugarbush's adult passes are already $150 less. 2 X's $150 = $300. I'd much rather be skiing Sugarbush than Stratton for an entire season.

edit: That $100 resort credit is only good for under 30. That leaves me out.

The $100 resort credit is for 30 plus passes, NOT the under 30, already discounted passes

BenedictGomez

That is a great price, but to tell the truth, I very much dislike being a season pass holder.

When I was a SPH, I found it killed my trips to various mountains in various regions. The other thing is, I learned to become the "Extreme Couponer" version of a lift ticket buyer, and beat SPH value pretty much everywhere I go (with a few exceptions, like Stowe).

I probably wont be a SPH again until I have kids, just because I imagine the familiarity/cohesiveness/routine of going to the same mountain all the time is probably convenient for adults and good for kids.

tekweezle

Both Killington & Sugarbush are offering spring passes for $199.

Does that carry over to next season? My understanding was the Stratton pass was good for 13-14.