• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton to Add New Lifts

NYDB

it's seems like a huge program. the place is a disaster in the morning (another reason to start at sunbowl base)

the must be moving the little tyroliene park to connect with village walk run since they are moving the cub carpet over next to south American.

thetrailboss

Staff member

xlr8r

Yeah Sunbowl has some of the nicest parking anywhere, right next to the trails and lodge, no uphill climb

ColdRain&Snow

Yeah Sunbowl has some of the nicest parking anywhere, right next to the trails and lodge, no uphill climb
I’ve been out of the loop a bit there, and don’t remember that lot to the right being so large.

It was always better than the lots at the main base, but the additional parking there is really nice.

drjeff

How big are the Learning programs there really?
If the size of the U10 prgrams (alpine and freestyle and snowboard) that the Stratton Winter Sports Club (SWSC) are any inducation of what the Stratton Ski School has numbers wise for youth programs, they've got some BIG numbers. SWSC regualrly has (and has been having for a while) somewhere around half of the athletes in the U10 and U12 ages groups of the Souhtern VT Council races. Nobody else (even if you view the athletes from the Mount Snow Training Center and Mount Snow Academy as 1 group) even comes close to the number of youn athletes they have, and that's very often a function of how big their youth ski/ride school programs are

Smellytele

you used to be able to at Carinthia at mount snow or the lot by the mountain ops building. I guess you still can if you want to bend over and take it from vail and pay
Cannon you can ski to the car in certain lots and at the zoomer bar.
Front row at black
White cap at SR
Wildcat lot C

ColdRain&Snow

you used to be able to at Carinthia at mount snow or the lot by the mountain ops building. I guess you still can if you want to bend over and take it from vail and pay
Cannon you can ski to the car in certain lots and at the zoomer bar.
Front row at black
White cap at SR
Wildcat lot C
And lot B

Do those lots fill up first?

Funny thing about the sunbowl, lot 1 can be full and cars pile into lot 2, but the sunbowl lot stays pretty empty. Happened last Saturday, drove by lot 2 and it was pretty full, we still parked in the area by the solstice lift.

Smellytele

Funny thing about the sunbowl, lot 1 can be full and cars pile into lot 2, but the sunbowl lot stays pretty empty. Happened last Saturday, drove by lot 2 and it was pretty full, we still parked in the area by the solstice lift.
The ones at cannon don’t fill up first. They are tiered and are right next to Brook side slope.

icecoast1

I can't speak from recent experience because I havent been there since early 2020, however then it was never an issue getting a spot except for founders day, st patricks day, occaisonal fridays and powder days. This was midweek though, I avoided the place on weekends. Probably a little less low key than the Stratton sunbowl though, even in those days

NYDB

Website giving me a server error, anyone see what it said specifically?
re grading beginner area and moving some of the carpet lifts around. one right in front of ski school building, lengthening to 160' and moving it much closer to building from what exists now. so it's right next to the current patio.

then adding 2 carpets to the unused section of trail next to south american (below the little Tyrolean park). one 260' which parallels south american and one 70' looks like wedged in next to trees on the other side of cub carpet.