• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 12/23/03

J

jlangdale

I went up to the mountain and took one run on my snowboard. Felt very warm up there and the snow was soft and mushy. Hardly anyone around, the place was rather dead typical mid-week. I got stuck on the Gatehouse lift for a little while and then they shut it down for maint. for a bit. I didn't like not being able to really hold an edge and carve on my snowboard, side-slipped too easily. Most things seemed groomed and snow making has stopped. No pics. I was tired so I bagged it, gotta head into work for a few.

O

oldhippie

The bush

I think the warm weather is going to hurt our snow a bit. Hopefully we won't get too hurt by this rain they are predicting. Sheesh! where's the cold when you need it?!

Thanks for the quick report. Have a great Xmas!!

Greg

Staff member
Thanks Jon. Must be nice to just "stop by" for a quick run...

Not much serious cold in the forseeable future. :cry:

J

jlangdale

We're holding out for some follow-up cold and snow for Friday & the weekend it seems. The Christmass day $5.50 might not even be worth the gas money up if the NCP hits bad.

If it hits especially hard, wet & warm, with the limited base that is there now I think things could potentialy get really bad to the point the resort might close down a significant amount of runs. Keep your eye on the weather...

Greg

Staff member
jlangdale said:
The Christmass day $5.50 might not even be worth the gas money up if the NCP hits bad.
What do you think this is? KillingtonChat? Ha! :lol:

For anyone wondering, NCP = Non-Crystalline Precipitation, i.e. R@!N