• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush tomorrow? Crowds or fine

bdfreetuna

Do you think it will be crowded? I never seem to be able to predict how much of a mad house it will be when I go there.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Shouldn't be as busy as last weekend, since its not a holiday. Mt Ellen is the wildcard. With the North Ridge Express still down for motor replacement, they are letting ME passholders ski at Lincoln until the lift is functional. Because of this, Lincoln could be busier than normal. But for those who do stick it out at ME, it could be less crowded, though with "slightly" more difficult lift access. 17" of new snow since Sunday, btw.

bdfreetuna

I'm thinking Sugarbush South primarily. Mount Ellen I do love, but it's got less diverse terrain for my girl. She's just getting into woods and I think SugarSouth delivers the goods in terms of variety and amount of tree zones.

Most likely I'll wake up real early and plan the day with tactical precision.

drjeff

Based on the 5ish PM ride through the Northampton curves on I-91 tonight, and my years of making that same Friday evening drive, it shouldn't be a crazy, busy weekend looking at the traffic volume heading North

Edd

Maybe Burke instead if crowds are a concern? They've got trees too and they'd have to be cheaper.

bdfreetuna

Pico plans were based on some friends getting a lesson Groupon there. They also aren't sure they want to drive in any potential snow on the way back, they want to all ride in my car, and they definitely wouldn't wake up in time to even get a full day ticket. I said yeah, it's a bad weekend because this and that... so me and my girl have the trees all to ourselves and hopefully a few hours of good sleep in between.

WWF-VT

It will be at Mt Ellen early, then late morning take Slidebrook chair to Lincoln Peak. Hit the North Lynx chair and Castlerock. Avoid the Super Bravo and Gatehouse chairs. PM me of you want good navigation ideas.

Last edited: