• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf AZ Summit 1/30-31/16

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I almost had to cancel , I'm caring for a very Ill relative but my wife stepped up so I could spend a couple days with my oldest son who's between Army assignments.

Went with lowered expectations but driving up Friday night watching the radar was encouraged. Got up early Saturday and skinned up with the hope of getting some untracked as soon as the lifts opened. Found the parks un groomed and took a few runs and headed over to King pine . Haulback was variable as they had made snow but hadn't groomed it . There was a lot of traffic and you could almost watch the bumps form . Went over to see a favorite run from last year Sheer boom .
I lapped it about 5 times , 1 time too many as my legs gave out . I had a lot on my mind about non skiing things , skied by myself pretty much all day and figured I spend Sunday with my group.

Sunday turned out great also , was wondering if the conditions would change overnight as Saturday warmed up late.
Skied with my son most of the morning .

Wanted to hit Bubblecuffer Saturday but didn't get there so headed for my last run there around 2 but was intrigued by the woods between Gondi so I did that run and as with all the rest of the ungroomed runs this weekend it was fun .

Didn't socialize as much as I wanted to but ran into 1Kathleen by the Gondi village parking lot and had funny conversation about her week despite her friends accident.

Thanks to Sugarloaf ......Nick, Brian and all the moderators for there efforts , a weekend well spent.

ps put some music on the vid so you wouldn't hear me out of breath

bvibert

Staff member
I almost had to cancel , I'm caring for a very Ill relative but my wife stepped up so I could spend a couple days with my oldest son who's between Army assignments.

Went with lowered expectations but driving up Friday night watching the radar was encouraged. Got up early Saturday and skinned up with the hope of getting some untracked as soon as the lifts opened. Found the parks un groomed and took a few runs and headed over to King pine . Haulback was variable as they had made snow but hadn't groomed it . There was a lot of traffic and you could almost watch the bumps form . Went over to see a favorite run from last year Sheer boom .
I lapped it about 5 times , 1 time too many as my legs gave out . I had a lot on my mind about non skiing things , skied by myself pretty much all day and figured I spend Sunday with my group.

Sunday turned out great also , was wondering if the conditions would change overnight as Saturday warmed up late.
Skied with my son most of the morning .

Wanted to hit Bubblecuffer Saturday but didn't get there so headed for my last run there around 2 but was intrigued by the woods between Gondi so I did that run and as with all the rest of the ungroomed runs this weekend it was fun .

Didn't socialize as much as I wanted to but ran into 1Kathleen by the Gondi village parking lot and had funny conversation about her week despite her friends accident.

Thanks to Sugarloaf ......Nick, Brian and all the moderators for there efforts , a weekend well spent.

ps put some music on the vid so you wouldn't hear me out of breath

Nice video!

I'm glad you were able to make it up. It was nice to chat with you at the apres party, sorry we didn't get to make any turns together. I think you had the longest distance traveled award for sure!

1Kathleen

I think we got one of the best conditions for the season so far. So glad We added a few days on. Also, not me you talked to , it was probably Monica, as she is the funniest person in our group.