• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer Blues

B

BC Skier

Every spring I am excited that the weather begins to warm but I inevitably feeling depressed that winter is gone.

Does anybody else share this same feeling?

I am being completely honest when I say that I start thinking about winter hikes and skiing after the Fourth of July. For me, that marks the end of my tolerance for heat, sweat, and the dreaded mosquitos.

How many of you other feel winter is your favorite season?

Happy Trails and I hope to me some of you on the trails next winter.

Kevin

PS: I am changing my user name from BC Skier to Kevin Farrar so that I might be associated with the real me, not by a fictitious name.

A

Anonymous

summertime blues

i too get depressed when the snow melts and the flowers bloom! cant wait to get back on my skis and feel the snow on my face...only 6 more months:(

B

BC Skier

Do to the lack of replies...

I thought I might be the only one suffering. Boy am I glad I'm not alone.

I wish there was a hillside I could carpet just to keep getting turns in.

I suspect I'm a little bluer this year as I was only able to get out twice.

Till Next Year,

Kevin

A

Anonymous

Re: summertime blues

Chocorua said:
only 6 more months:(

Really only five months. I've skied at Mount Snow in early November when all they had was a strip of snow down the front of the mountain and a strip down Free Fall on the North Face. Killington can also have decent skiing in November. It all depends on how cold it is. If it's a cool autumn we may be in good shape for some early season skiing. Can't be any worse than this year. Enjoy the summer!