• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sunapee on a budget

soxfan2

ANY ideas on scoring discounted season passes for next year??????

jack97

Sunapee used to be a place a regular stomping ground, I've talked with lost of folks on the lift ride up. I found out you can get a free season pass if you work as an ambassador, ranger (patroller aid) or spotter for the adaptive program. IIRC each one has different mandatory time /day requirements.

hell.. they even have a doctor on call on the slopes I was making some turns with the guy, if patroller needs a medic, that's when he earns his pass.

MadMadWorld

Sunapee used to be a place a regular stomping ground, I've talked with lost of folks on the lift ride up. I found out you can get a free season pass if you work as an ambassador, ranger (patroller aid) or spotter for the adaptive program. IIRC each one has different mandatory time /day requirements.

hell.. they even have a doctor on call on the slopes I was making some turns with the guy, if patroller needs a medic, that's when he earns his pass.

A doctor on call? That's something I've never heard of. Usually the head patroller has passed the test to be a paramedic but that's that's something new to me.

jack97

yep.... he was a medical doctor, specialized in med emergency. he did two days out of the week. not sure if he had a counterpart for other days or whether he covers when more experienced patrollers are off.

btw... my point about the doctor is that sunapee will give free passes for people willing to put in time on the slopes. I knew volunteers that setup nettings and gates for the race program but never ask if they got passes for that.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Given how far most ski areas are from Trauma Centers, it's probably not a bad idea to have a doctor on staff. The only Level I Trauma Centers in Northern New England are Dartmouth and Fletcher Allen in Burlington.

gmcunni

A doctor on call? That's something I've never heard of. Usually the head patroller has passed the test to be a paramedic but that's that's something new to me.
i know Sugarbush has DRs from Fletcher Allen onsite.. not sure if they are stationed in the patrol room or "oncall" while skiing.

soxfan2

The problem is we will be living in Mass, coming up to ski weekends and holiday breaks....Maybe they'd let me do some marketing? LOL

Savemeasammy

Do Pats. I think it's $400 for adults. You can head up from Mass in the morning (with everyone else!), drive up to enfield at the end of the day. On Sunday, ski all day, and head home after. You will be at least a 1/2 hour closer to home. This situation would also benefit me, because I would ask you to watch my kids for a minute while I hit the bathroom (or whatever reason I come up with at the time), and then I will ditch you for the rest of the day. It will be awesome. For me.

But seriously, give Pats a look this year. I think you will really like it for your kids. Everything basically comes back down to the same area. You will be more comfortable letting Max and Astrid ski by themselves. And it is not the madhouse that Sunapee is!

And you will enjoy swilling beers in the sled pub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soxfan2

Do Pats. I think it's $400 for adults. You can head up from Mass in the morning (with everyone else!), drive up to enfield at the end of the day. On Sunday, ski all day, and head home after. You will be at least a 1/2 hour closer to home. This situation would also benefit me, because I would ask you to watch my kids for a minute while I hit the bathroom (or whatever reason I come up with at the time), and then I will ditch you for the rest of the day. It will be awesome. For me.

But seriously, give Pats a look this year. I think you will really like it for your kids. Everything basically comes back down to the same area. You will be more comfortable letting Max and Astrid ski by themselves. And it is not the madhouse that Sunapee is!

And you will enjoy swilling beers in the sled pub.

No, i'm not allowed to let Max ski alone since he dumped his ass into a drainage ditch last year. We skied two runs and someone brought him down the mountain. LMFAOOO! I'm thinking Nashoba. Pats peak sucks.

Savemeasammy

Shit just got personal

We went to HS together and lived on the same road! Now she thinks it's ok to hurt my feelings online and bash my poor Pats Peak! ;) Go ahead and and get passes at one of those even lamer ski areas in Mass! I'm sure you will enjoy waiting in huge lines for 300' of vert!

soxfan2

We went to HS together and lived on the same road! Now she thinks it's ok to hurt my feelings online and bash my poor Pats Peak! ;) Go ahead and and get passes at one of those even lamer ski areas in Mass! I'm sure you will enjoy waiting in huge lines for 300' of vert!

LOL! wahhhh!!! I'm leaning towards nashoba...

MadMadWorld

I figured you knew each other. Either that or you were auditioning to be the new Snowlover.

Oh damn no you didnt....what did Mass ever do to you? There are some mountains that don't have crazy lines!